Hello, we’re The Sasha Group! We serve a wide range of businesses from helping young startups develop their core to helping established brands think differently and flex with the times. From building brand foundations to building momentum, we combine creativity with thoughtfulness and speed to solve business challenges. We like to describe ourselves as “consultancy at the front and an agency ‘round the back.”
At The Sasha Group, we believe that smart, creative thinking is the ultimate variable that makes brands come to life, whether it’s the startup looking to break into a space or the big, well-known brand looking to break the mold. And while we believe good ideas can come from anywhere, not everyone has the talent, skills, and craft to guide a team to “find right.” And by “right,” we mean the creative execution that will move hearts and the business needle.
That’s where you come in.
We are looking for seasoned Associate Creative Directors (ACDs) who can lead, support, and mentor their creative peers in the development and delivery of creative solutions that meet client goals. It’s a pivotal role that involves ideation, execution, and management of the work. From social content to larger campaign initiatives, nothing is too big or too small for our ACDs to handle. You’ll help pioneer big brands with big thinking and help some new startups stand their ground. Every task is challenging, but highly rewarding.
Who’s on the team?
You’ll be joining a tightly-knit creative team working with emerging and established brands across CPG, fashion, food & beverage, financial services, entertainment, and more. The team is a diverse mix of makers, creators, and ideators from published authors to TikTokers. But we’re all passionate about our mission: How do we level-up our clients to be the next big thing?
And who are you?
- You are a creator and an ideator who can execute at both a high speed and volume.
- You believe that great ideas can come from anywhere.
- You enjoy collaborating with other marketing nerds.
- You are a digital native and understand the internet of things.
- You are hungry for great work.
- You are comfortable flying solo and running with a pack.
- You can tell a good story that’ll make people stop, listen, and then probably go buy something.
- You are a leader who can rally a team.
- You consume content and know the ingredients to relevant, thumb-stopping creative work.
- You have a talent to make anything sound interesting.
The task at hand:
- Thinking big and mentoring others to think big too.
- Transforming thoughts and half-ideas into fun, innovative, and clever executions with your creative team.
- Connecting the dots between culture and content to make concise and relevant creative recommendations.
- Understanding, articulating, and strategically applying the latest best practices to every creative opportunity.
- Partnering with Creative Directors and Account Leads to help solve briefs and manage creative outputs.
- Translating client briefs and creative strategies into actionable tasks for the creative team.
- Regularly attending client meetings with Account leads to champion and present creative work and also help solve creative briefs. (We view our clients as partners too!)
- Co-leading and creating client workshops to hear their stories, lead their brand, understand their goals, and collaborate with them on finding creative solutions that’s right for them.
- Leading internal brainstorm sessions and “think about thinking.”
- Delivering actionable creative feedback on art and copy to your team of copywriters, art directors, designers, and video editors.
Sounds fun, but what kind of deliverables are we talking about?
- Social ads and organic content for various social and digital platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Google Search.
- Brand voice and brand guidelines for newly emerging brands.
- Developing foundational materials and creative articulations for brands (like their positioning statement or brand manifesto).
- Regular calls to consult with clients on how they can execute on their own creative initiatives.
- Big, omni-channel campaign concepts for brands looking to make some noise.
- Concepting direction and writing scripts for video or audio executions.
- Then: working with studio partners on the pre-production, production, and post-production of those executions.
- And some deliverables not for clients: like finding ways to foster growth on our creative team, streamlining ways of working, and helping to present new business pitches and articulating Sasha’s approach to creative services.
- 7+ years of experience in a similar role with proven leadership in art direction, writing, and/or design skills.
- A portfolio reflecting strong concepting, writing, and/or design.
- Exceptional concepting abilities are a must.
- So are natural leadership tendencies.
- A strong understanding in digital media from Instagram Reels to OTT Video placements.
- Thrives in a company of collaborative people, but can clearly demonstrate an ability to get things done without direct supervision.
- Is unromantic about the creative process—they believe good ideas can come from anywhere and can give & take constructive criticism.
- A collaborator who’s not afraid to leave ego at the door.
- Is unphased by fast turnarounds and can manage tight timelines without sacrificing quality.
- Has a talent for wearing multiple brand hats and switching easily among brands across different verticals.
- Has a strategic mindset and understands the relationship between brand strategy and business strategy.
- Isn’t afraid to bring their passions, background, and personal experience to their work.
- Is already thinking about clever ways to answer this job listing.