What’s up? We’re VaynerMedia! We are a contemporary global creative and media agency with an expertise in driving relevance for clients and delivering impactful business results. The independently-owned agency was founded in 2009 and has offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Singapore, Australia, Thailand, Japan and Mexico City. VaynerMedia has been recognized for its work at Cannes Lions, the Clio Awards and The Webby Awards. It is part of the VaynerX family of companies.
Culture is our key and Empathy is how we build it. VaynerMediaAPAC is strong with a world-class combination of diverse backgrounds collaborating to put forward innovative, creative and strategic solutions to the one advantage that stands the test of time --- PEOPLE. Day in and day out, we propel some of the biggest brands in the world to the intersection of attention and culture. In APAC, we are proudly +200, servicing a diverse client all around the region.
Who are you?
We’re looking for a Sydney-based Associate Media Director to lead this work, by providing insights-driven media and measurement strategies, strengthening client & partner agency relationships and collaborating with cross-departmental teams.
The Associate Media Director is chiefly responsible for managing a team inside our Paid Media Department made up of Analysts, Senior Analysts and Managers. You will be tasked with becoming a trusted, respected leader within the organization and relied upon for high-level operations management, innovation, client/partner relationships, and general media executional excellence.
A proven track record of large scale media buying proficiency across several biddable platforms is a must, with particular depth in all or a majority of the following: Facebook/Instagram, Google (Search, YouTube, DV360), Programmatic Display/OLV, Publisher Direct. Experience in offline media (TV, Print, Radio, OOH) is also required; with experience in planning and managing both campaigns and always-on initiatives for major regional and global brands. Fluency with analytics, attribution and measurement systems is needed; and expertise is a major plus (including but not limited to GA360, Adobe, MOAT/IAS/DoubleVerify, Nielsen/Millward Brown/Oracle, Neustar/Visual IQ/Convertro, etc.).
You will report into our Head of Media and will work on a cohesive team consisting of buying, planning and analytics professionals working across several APAC-based clients.
- Ensures media plans are of the highest standard, assist in presentation material creation, and provide strategic guidance on reporting calls with clients
- Oversees a team of media analysts focused on 3 - 5+ clients, providing leadership, mentorship, vision, and technical expertise, working in conjunction with HR and other teams to foster team career growth and a positive work environment
- Embodies a true leadership mentality and willing to devote days to making your team successful, working for them, not above them
- Updates performance benchmarks and share digital platform updates, both internally and externally with client partners
- Manages negotiations for high value and/or complex packages
- Leads cross-LoB buying deliverables
- Develops and deliver senior-level, sophisticated media investment strategies to clients, derived from industry insights and best-in-class expertise and thought leadership
- Collaborates across disciplines, specifically planning and analytics, to craft best-in-class, holistic omnichannel media strategies rooted in driving tangible business outcomes for large brands
- Provides actualized spends for client invoicing across clients and stakeholder spend trackers
- Navigates a portfolio of brands within a larger conglomerate or business group and gain a deep understanding of their unique company architectures to ultimately build the strongest holistic relationship possible
- Works to proactively bring new/emerging opportunities to clients, pushing the envelope of media excellence
- Continuously strives for improvement across all team processes to streamline workflow and benefit the larger team
- Leads client communication around scope agreements, finance and billing, working closely with FinOps to keep a handle on monthly billing and incoming revenue
- Proactively identify the needs of our clients’ businesses to sell-through incremental campaign opportunities to clients (cross-disciplines at times where needed), to help deliver best in class work that helps to grow their business
- You have experience working in the advertising media landscape in the APAC region
- Strong knowledge of all aspects of digital and offline media, running from: Programmatic, Mobile, Search, Social to TV, radio, OOH, etc.
- You have a minimum of 5+ years of industry experience with a proven track record of executing sophisticated, large scale digital media programs that drove tangible business outcomes.
- You have a good network of media and marketing professionals in the APAC region, including major publishers, brands.
- You have advanced written, presentation and general communication skills.
- You’ve experienced dealing with non-core buying teams, specifically media & communications planning, analytics, traditional media buying, and others.
- You have proven output rooted in highly strategic thinking that leveraged unique insights to drive disproportionate success.
- You have examples of leaning into new/emerging platform opportunities to drive media innovation.
- You’ve experienced leading and managing teams of at least 6-8 individuals (cross-disciplinary a plus)
- You have an infectious smile, an upbeat demeanor, and warm personality that contributes to an already strong company culture
- You are comfortable with a fast-paced environment; and working as an integrated team (across creative, media, and strategy)
- Professional English skills required, and additional language proficiencies are a huge plus!
What you should know about VaynerMedia
Think “lab” and not “agency”. We get excited about solving business problems, not creating advertising for the sake of making advertising. Our entrepreneurship DNA runs deep. We’re willing to break rules, try new things, and test hypotheses if it means better understanding our craft. It’s fun!
Our environment (and pace) feels much more like a start-up than most agencies you might be used to. Hopefully that, and the opportunity to collaborate with the talented and enthusiastic crew, work with big brands excites you, as it does us. We can’t wait to meet you.