Strategy at VaynerMedia provides a crucial perspective on the business dynamics. We are a human centric, culture obsessed discipline where we dive deep into audience insights, media trends, cultural shifts, and tech innovations that inform our strategic recommendations. Our team is collectively redefining and modernizing the way our clients harness consumer and cultural intelligence, develop brand strategy and plan for attention.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Design research recommendations through the use of insights resources and proprietary tools
- Design and deploy quantitative surveys and analyze data for actionable insights and intelligence.
- Well versed with the ability to leverage VaynerMedia tools, research and platforms to:
- Identify the most valuable audiences for our clients, balancing longer-term brand building objectives and real/near-real time results to be achieved.
- Conduct social listening and content audits.
- Conduct audience, category and brand analysis; leveraging our data, licensed data and/or clients’ 1st Party data.
- Collaborate with Analytics and Media to ensure a robust plan to measure the performance (in real/near-real time), increasing the probability of success through on-going optimization.
- Brings the consumer’s world to life for creative teams and clients using qualitative and cultural mining and insightful synthesis of quantitative research to inform a strategic approach.
- Develop distinct and differentiated audience segmentations that are connected to strategic decisions and creative ways-in.
- Articulate effective strategic rationale and logic flow that will help form a compelling story
- Input to the strategic development of client presentations and other important communication in a clear manner
- Develop weekly learning agendas in partnership with Strategy leads, and execute all relevant research and data analysis.
- Be actively involved in the briefing of creative teams for ideation and steer / facilitate brainstorms and workshops.
- Ability to manage your workload, understanding how to prioritize and communicate when support is needed.
- 3-5 years experience with strategically building brands, within the advertising industry
- Experience using secondary research tools such as Crimson Hexagon, MRI, and Mintel, and is able to select and mine appropriate resources efficiently and effectively to answer insights requests.
- Familiarity with, and ability to capably review qualitative and quantitative research plus behavioral data to draw and interpret insights.
- Ability to collaborate with the people of an organization, fostering strong cross-functional teamwork and positive results.
- Strategic thinking ability with balanced analytical and creative approach to integrated marketing planning.
- Understanding of multiple channels for communications and connections, and their role in brand and content marketing.
- Self-motivated and demonstrates initiative in identifying opportunities, discerning a clear path forward and acting upon them swiftly.