VaynerMedia is a full service global agency that builds brands for the now. We deliver integrated programmes across creative, strategy, production, and media all under one roof that drive tangible business results for some of the biggest brands in the world.
Strategy Directors are tasked with leading day to day strategic planning across a client or clients, combining an understanding of consumer behaviour, marketing challenges, the creative opportunity and the media landscape into a simple and clear communications plan of action.
They are the strategic advisor to the wider leadership and day to day clients when it comes to the consumer and how their behaviour is changing. This role is heavily focused on how we do that across Europe, with the strategists being the boots on the ground of a market, liaising heavily with the wider teams to help them understand specific consumer behaviours and the media landscape for campaigns.
The Strategy Director is expected to be curious and self-led, confident to ask questions about the audience and brief, test their hypothesis with research, form segmentations and gather / shape data into clear recommendations.
- Guide a socially driven account to understand how to leverage culture, tap into social platforms and strategically develop a digital / social out strategic approach.
- Deliver a nuanced understanding of the consumer, their behaviour and the media and advertising landscape
- Serve as the key strategic point of contact on a chosen market for a wider team
- Help to identify and proactively address client challenges
- Work with the ECD and creative teams to help form creative ideas which can develop into larger campaigns over time
- Monitor effectiveness and help to continuously show where we can strategically improve with data analysis and visualisation.
What We’re Looking for:
An experienced Strategy Director with proven examples of leading accounts regionally. You will be experienced in developing wider strategy and planning communications within this. You should be comfortable collaborating with creative, media and client teams, as well as managing a medium to large sized team.
We’re looking for someone who’s comfortable with refining strategy and using data and insights to constantly improve audiences and work. The role is perfect for someone who can lead by example and mentor a team of strategists and creatives.
Specific Skills / Experience / Activity:
- Social experience in platform strategy and content creation a mandatory, with the ability to tie it back to wider campaigns
- Experience with planning tools such as YouGov, GWI, TGI, Comscore or Brandwatch and data analysis in Excel, Google Sheets a plus
- Examples of thought leadership and proactive thinking to address client challenges and industry trends
VaynerMedia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that VaynerMedia provides equal employment opportunities to all staff members and job applicants without regard to gender, pregnancy, marital or civil partnership status, gender reassignment, race, disability, sexual orientation, religious belief, part time or fixed term employment, age or any other legally protected class.
Candidates must be authorised to work in the U.K.