VaynerMedia is a full service global agency that builds brands for the now. We deliver integrated programs across creative, strategy, production, and media all under one roof that drive tangible business results for some of the biggest brands in the world.
The Post Creative Strategist is the closest member of the strategy team to what’s going on in culture and consumer behavior for a brand. Using a combination of social listening, trend data and the reactions of a brand’s community to it's messaging - they help to inform and shape strategic, creative and media strategy.
One of the entry routes into the strategy team, the PCS will work with other members of the team to inform what cultural signals exist and what a brand should do with them. This isn’t just an insights role, as a PCS will be expected to provide suggestions and implications to their observations on consumers and culture. Over time, their career will develop into becoming well rounded strategists, senior strategists, strategy directors and beyond. This will all be built on top of a hands on foundation which recognizes that consumers are guiding us towards better work everyday, if we only listen.
- Ongoing monitoring of brand social channels & relevant online conversations looking for highest impact opportunities to engage (including proactive identification of conversations & communities strategically and creatively relevant for the brand)
- Continuous active listening on brands currently tracking every follower interaction: comments, responses, DM’s
- Analyze brand and cultural trends for consideration of creative team
- Bring insight on a subject-matter and specific subculture.
- Willing to go beyond basic tracking to analyzing and drawing hypothesis, including providing a daily digest of observations + recommendations
- Use third party tools to manage brand’s pages
- Follow proper escalation systems, as needed, for fans with negative feedback.
- Seek opportunities to insert the brand in social conversation, whether around relevant trending topics/news or engaging with social influencers/celebrities/other brands
- High School or College degree (or proof of high fluid intelligence) with a passion for learning and research
- A keen interest in environmentalism and sustainability, beauty/skincare, esports, pro-sports, cars, beer or music
- Consider oneself a Social Media “know it all” and has experience working across a variety of social platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, etc.
- Can combine creativity and analytics with the ability to convert into a story
- Innate curiosity and ability to adapt + be flexible, whether with new tools, platforms, processes, etc.
- Any experience using the following social listening tools a plus but not mandatory
- Brandwatch/Crimson Hexagon
- Any experience putting together presentations in written form using google slides
- Strong writing and verbal skills.