Hey! We’re VaynerMedia APAC! A full-service agency built for the now. Day in and day out, we propel some of the biggest brands in the world to the intersection of attention and culture. Headquartered in New York, we’re also in 7 cities across the globe and now, we’re proudly throwing ourselves into the Australian market as part of the wider APAC team in Singapore.
We believe everyone's got brilliant ideas. But what sets a Creative apart from the rest? It's making a beeline for out-of-the-box, killer concepts with the ability to make stuff happen. We've got makers and creators - from illustrators to poets to musicians to 3D artists - who bring brands to life, creating and hijacking at the speed of culture. You’ll help us put our heart and soul into our client's products. Solving business problems in unorthodox ways. Touching audiences with emotions. Mixing art and passion with logic and numbers. All to make magic happen.
Here’s where you come in.
Who Are You?
Our Senior Copywriters are great writers who do more than just writing. As one, you’ll wear a few different hats, such as:
- Hat 1: Writer - You. Must. Love. Words (and have the ability to string them together).
- Hat 2: Thinker - You know the internet of things, you’re curious about culture, you understand generations X, Y and Z and you keep these insights in your arsenal for incoming briefs.
- Hat 3: Creator - You are a maker. Your main focus is craft and creation, both at a high speed and volume.
- Hat 4: Collaborator - You enjoy collaborating with a (super cool, super fun, super energetic, super diverse) team. You are a leader of yourself and others.
The Task At Hand:
- Collaborate with creative, client services, strategy and media departments to develop a high variety of content that meets creative and strategic criteria (client briefs, feedback, client KPIs).
- Strong skill set in conceptualising, brainstorming, and collaborating to create the strongest ideas.
- Write and create impactful social and traditional media content that reflects brand’s voice and adheres to the brand’s style guidelines.
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects with short deadlines.
- Gather learnings and insights from platforms, consumer feedback and culture to make concise, relevant recommendations.
- Present copy concepts rooted in strategic thinking to creative leaders.
- Collaborate with Senior Art Directors to successfully plan pre production through post production, including organising the shoot, directing content, etc.
- Be as much of a friendly mentor as a proficient doer when working within our dynamic brand team structure.
Experience / Knowledge Required
- 5 to 7 years of experience copywriting, developing, and creating for digital & social.
- Ability to proofread and self-edit copy to produce error-free content that adheres to brand’s style guidelines, especially for regulated industries such as Finance, Pharmaceutical, etc.
- Strong skill set in conceptualising, brainstorming, writing, and collaboration to create strategically focused campaigns.
- The ability to understand, absorb, and execute on constructive criticism.
- A strong aptitude for time management, organisation, and communication.
- Strong skill set for storytelling, a mastery of grammar and Aussie slang, and the ability to tailor your writing to tell that story on a variety of platforms for multiple brands.
- The ability to effectively collaborate with various teams, providing the most useful guidance in an enthusiastic and inspiring manner.
- A strong capability of industry best practices and the platforms we love, as well as being willing to learn and articulate the unique VaynerMedia POV on each thrives in a company of good people.
- Additional languages or experience in Southeast Asian countries are a bonus but definitely not essential.
- Must have a life outside of work.
- Highly creative, weird-thinking, and witty.
- You must be already writing a better job description than this one.