VaynerCommerce is a Growth Engineering Firm. Initiated in 2018, it officially launched in 2020 as a new type of firm for modern brands to partner with to drive sustainable growth. VaynerCommerce is a digital-first firm that takes an engineering approach to driving sustainable growth. It was started by former early Shopify Plus employees, and was born from the frustration that brands were left with no good options in the market when it came to building sustainable online customer growth. VaynerCommerce services as a strategic partner, with an implementation arm across data science, engineering, design, financial modeling, media & creative, and merchandising for brands that want to sustainably grow their Direct-to-consumer business. VaynerCommerce works across Fortune 100, Venture Capital, and Private Equity-backed consumer brands.
We’re rigorous about how we build our team, and the work we focus on. We’re building some of the most complex solutions in the world of Commerce which requires hard work, collaborative teams, and creative problem solving.
What You Will Do:
The Growth Analyst supports VaynerCommerce client engagement teams on ensuring partner brands meet their growth goals. This role is highly cross-functional, collaborating closely with acquisition, retention, conversion, product and brand teams, to analyze and make data-driven recommendations to improve outcomes for partner brands. Growth Analysts get hands-on experience with strategizing, designing and implementing solutions for clients.
You are exceptional at prioritizing work, setting expectations and communicating to stakeholders. You understand and appreciate the scientific method and also know when to adapt to changes quickly. You love telling a story with data and creating actionable insights. You are a strategic thinker, connecting the dots between data and financial results to create and advocate for your own strategies to drive growth. The ideal candidate has a proactive approach, can juggle multiple responsibilities and excels under pressure. They are comfortable taking on a high level of responsibility. This role reports to the Vice President, Consulting and Product.
- Support growth marketing teams on efficient customer acquisition strategies, across acquisition and retention touchpoints
- Produce ad-hoc analysis, insights and visibility on performance
- Build frameworks and models to optimize channel growth while ensuring we’re running a tight business through establishing paths to profitability via positive LTV, unit economic analysis and attribution
- Act as a partner to the broader engagement teams to drive cross functional initiatives that improve the overall eCommerce business (e.g. holidays, partnerships, in-box opportunities, retail experiences, supply chain optimization, etc.)
- Identify customer-centric trends in commerce, with a focus on how they impact the entire DTC customer funnel, from acquisition, conversion to retention
- Highly analytical, structured thinker who can work with complex data sets, drive insights and clearly communicate findings to a diverse set of stakeholders
- Help design, implement, and optimize growth infrastructure for brands (data, tech, ways of working, media & creative)
- Support marketing campaign funnels and how customer/user behavior flows are tracked accurately for reporting and analysis
- Enable tracking and monitoring performance KPIs through weekly and monthly reports
- Assists digital product managers and engineering team in prioritizing, implementing, and optimizing growth experiments
- Participate and contribute to weekly growth meetings with different stakeholders to keep growth organization in rhythm and come up with growth ideas aligned to key client objectives
- Deliver insights and recommendations across multiple parts of customer journey to identify key growth opportunities
- Collaborate closely with the creative team to provide insight to inform creative recommendations
- Source and identify new marketing opportunities to support customer acquisition needs
- Stay on top of industry changes, algorithm updates and their impact on customer funnel
What We're Looking For:
- Business and commercialization acumen
- A combination of systems thinking approach with a scientific methodology
- Can understand, communicate, and drill down into most important ideas & models across data science, media, performance creative, monetization, and technology
- 2+ years in an ecommerce, growth related role
- Can learn and implement financial modeling integrated with growth strategy
- Expert in excel, can manipulate raw data to draw insights
- Experience with audience segmentation and A/B testing to drive learnings and optimizations
- Experience with google analytics, shopify, business intelligence and CRM tools preferred
- Have acute attention to detail and never-ending curiosity
- Quick learner and a creative problem solver who believes every situation has an optimal solution
- Persistent and relentless when it comes to achieving personal and professional goals