The TripAdvisor Attractions Team is looking for a Global Disbursements Accountant to join our team.
We are looking for a highly motivated, technically proficient person with a strong sense of ownership and business ethics to oversee the worldwide cash disbursements for Viator.
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Manager, the role is responsible for the full cycle payments function including high volume electronic banking transactions, payment reconciliations, related monthly accounting close items, maintaining internal controls and procedures. In addition to this, you will be assisting in the reconciliation of accounts payable and supplier clearing accounts, and assisting the finance department with any other ad hoc duties
The ideal candidate will have strong initiative to identify opportunities for improvement as well as design and implement those improvements
You will play an integral part in establishing and implementing financial and operations processes, implementing new systems, and ensuring best in class cash disbursements to Viator’s suppliers around the world
What You Will Do
- Payments: Based on supplier terms and payment schedules, manages generation of multi-currency electronic payment batches for review and release by the Controller
- Reconciliation and Process Maintenance: Prepare payment batch reconciliations, supplier banking detail maintenance, remittance generation and failed payment follow up
- Supplier and Sales Team Relations: Communicates with suppliers and account managers as necessary regarding payments, terms, etc.
- Payment Inquiries: Follows up with suppliers and other payees on any payments requiring clarification or adjustment
- Audit: Prepares various worksheets for auditors at year end, as required.
- SOX: Maintains all procedures and records required for SOX compliance
- Compliance: Complete 1099 reporting and other tax filings as required
What You Will Bring to the Team
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field preferred
- 2 to 5 years of relevant experience including the full cycle of payables, banking and related accounting
- Must have large ERP system experience (preferably with Workday)
- Advanced Excel skills (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, etc.)
- Strong communication skills for communicating suppliers and management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback
- Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information.
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
***This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***