Viator’s mission is to bring more wonder into the world. To bring extraordinary, unexpected, and forever-memorable experiences to more people, more often, wherever they’re travelling, wherever they are. In doing so, Viator elevates thousands of businesses, large and small, along the way.
We’re the largest marketplace of our kind: a single place where travellers can book more than 300,000 tours, experiences and activities.
The Viator Experiences Engineering team is distributed across Europe and is responsible for viator.com, the Viator mobile apps and all their supporting infrastructure. We run the systems that help operators build their businesses and those which enable third parties to utilise our inventory. We provide the tools which help our customer services team provide world class service to travellers and operators internationally.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our fast-growing team. You can work full time or hybrid from the Lisbon Tripadvisor office.
Within Viator we have a fun and friendly environment where the key objective is getting things done. Working closely alongside product managers and designers, our engineers are part of the full process from software design, to code, to test, to deployment and back again. Most of our engineers release code to production every few days and we have a daily release cycle.
This is a full stack role. Viator’s web stack includes Java, React, TypeScript, GraphQL,Kubernetes, SQL and NoSQL databases, and runs on AWS. You don’t need to have experience with everything listed but you do need to be hungry to learn. You will need to have experience of a statically typed, object-oriented language such as Java, C# or C++
What we’re looking for
- At least 6 years’ experience of commercial software development.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong competencies in data structures and algorithms
- Strong proficiency in Java and Object-Oriented Programming.
- In-depth and hands-on knowledge of Java based microservice architecture, and relational databases.
- Experience working with GraphQL to query backend APIs.
- Passion to build a great product that makes you proud
- Willingness and ability to take on new technologies.
- Ability to break down complex problems into simple solutions.
- Strong analytical skills and desire to write clean, correct and efficient code.
- High quality verbal and written communication skills.
- Sense of ownership, urgency and pride in your work.
- Reasonable understanding of building production quality software.
- Experience with AWS is a plus.
What you’ll get
Highly competitive salary along with the following:
- Annual performance related bonus
- Generous stock (RSU) award upon joining, with additional awards annually
- Regular salary reviews and excellent career growth opportunities
- Very flexible working hours
- Free meals in the office
- Starting from 1104€ annual stipend for costs outside the office such as gym membership or home office set up
- Full family private healthcare and dental
- Excellent contributory pension
- Critical illness and full life cover
- Standard 22 days paid holiday (not including bank holidays)
- Holiday break during the last week of the year
- “Summer Fridays” scheme allowing extra days off during the summer
- Daily meal allowance of 8.80€ per working day
- Access to LinkedIn Learning platform
- 30 minute call with a recruiter to learn more about the role
- 45 minute technical interview with someone from the Viator Engineering team
- Three one-hour interviews with members of the team, covering technical topics - including some coding - and what you would bring to Viator.
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.