Senior Software Engineer - Back-end
Viator’s mission is to bring more wonder into the world. To bring extraordinary, unexpected, and forever-memorable experiences to more people, more often, wherever they’re travelling, wherever they are. In doing so, Viator elevates thousands of businesses, large and small, along the way.
We’re the largest marketplace of our kind: a single place where travellers can book more than 300,000 tours, experiences and activities.
The Viator Marketplace Services team is responsible for building and supporting a world-class platform of complex business services which are exposed through APIs to other teams within Viator. These services underpin viator.com and the Viator native apps, as well as business-to-business systems used by our suppliers and a wide range of third parties who carry our inventory, including Tripadvisor.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our fast-growing team. You can work remotely in the UK, or hybrid from the Oxford or London Tripadvisor office.
Within Viator we have a fun and friendly environment where the key objective is getting things done. Working closely alongside product managers, our engineers are part of the full process from software design, to code, to test, to deployment and back again. Most of our engineers release code to production every few days and we have a daily release cycle.
This is a back-end oriented role. The Marketplace Services stack includes Java, GraphQL, Kubernetes, SQL and NoSQL databases, and runs on AWS. You don’t need to have experience with everything listed but you do need to be hungry to learn. You will need to have experience of a statically typed, object-oriented language such as Java, C# or C++
What You’ll Get
Highly competitive salary along with the following:
- Annual performance related bonus
- Generous stock (RSU) award upon joining, with additional awards annually
- Regular salary reviews and excellent career growth opportunities
- Flexible working hours & hybrid working, with a minimum of 1 day per week in the Oxford or London office
- Free meals in the office
- Full family private healthcare and dental
- Excellent contributory pension
- Critical illness and full life cover
- Standard 25 days paid holiday (not including bank holidays), increasing with tenure
- £1,050 annual stipend for costs outside the office such as gym membership or home office set up
- “Summer Fridays” scheme allowing extra days off during the summer.
- 30 minute call with a recruiter to learn more about the role
- 45 minute technical interview with someone from the Viator Engineering team
- Three one-hour interviews with members of the team, covering technical topics - including some coding - and what you would bring to Viator.