Viator, a TripAdvisor Company, is looking for an experienced Accounts Payable Manager to join our team.
We are looking for a highly motivated, technically proficient person with a strong sense of ownership and business ethics to deliver the accounts payable function on a daily basis.
Reporting to the Controller, the Account Payable Manager will be responsible for the full cycle accounts payable function including monthly entries and reconciliations, monthly accounting close, maintaining internal controls and procedures.
The ideal candidate will have strong initiative to identify opportunities for improvement as well as design and implement those improvements.
You will play an integral part in establishing and implementing financial processes, ensuring monthly financial statements are available to management within a reasonable timeframe, and helping the company navigate through its financial transition.
- Processing: Based on supplier terms and payment schedules, manages generation of payment batches for processing and review by Controller
- Manage Staff: Oversees, trains and manages multiple staff involved in the AP process which handles high volume disbursements in multiple currencies
- Invoice Review: Reviews all invoices to ensure proper calculation and appropriate documentation for all amounts due
- Invoice Approvals: Ensures distribution of invoices to appropriate managers for review and approval. Collects and files approved invoices pending payment
- Vendor Relations: Communicates with vendors as necessary regarding invoice, payments, terms, etc.
- Reconciliations: Performs payment reconciliations of various accounts and payment types
- Invoice Inquiries: Follows up with vendors and other payees on any invoices requiring clarification or adjustment.
- Audit: Prepares various worksheets for auditors at year end, as required.
- Backup: Provides backup for supplier payment, and other accounting functions as necessary.
- Form 1099 Filings: Generates and distributes annual IRS Forms 1099
- Policies : Recommends policies and procedures relevant to A/P function and, upon approval, implements the policy/procedure and trains staff, as needed
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field preferred
- 10 or more years of accounts payable experience, with at least three years in a supervisory role
- Must have large ERP AP system experience
- Advanced computer and business solutions software skills (Excel)
- Strong communication skills for communicating with support personnel, suppliers and management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback
- Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information.
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
***This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***