CRM Product Manager
Location: Oxford, UK
Who are we:
TripAdvisor is the world’s largest online travel site, visited by 390 million travelers each month, and our business – TripAdvisor Rentals – is a fascinating and ever-evolving part of the organisation. Rentals are a significant revenue generator and key growth area not just for TripAdvisor, but for the travel industry on the whole. It’s a category that’s rapidly gaining popularity; around two-thirds of travelers say they plan to stay in a rental this year, up from 50% two years ago. Our job is to ensure that we fulfil this demand and, ultimately, help travelers all over the world take amazing holidays, whether they’re staying in a studio in Sydney, a treehouse in Costa Rica, or a cottage in the Cotswolds.
This is a unique opportunity to work for one of the most progressive companies in the digital space. We’re looking for a talented and experienced CRM manager to own critical elements of our email program, as well as managing technical projects that increase our efficiency and improve the experience for both our travelers and homeowners.
Why this job is excellent:
As a CRM manager for a pioneering digital organisation you will play an integral part in shaping its future success. This is a fantastic opportunity for a technically-minded CRM manager to further develop their skills whilst creating ground-breaking customer experiences that delight our customers and drive exponential business growth.
What you’ll get:
You’ll be surrounded by a leading team of digital experts who will support your development within a fast-paced business environment. Working alongside seasoned CRM managers, you will report to the CRM Director and have frequent exposure to the senior leadership in the organisation.
You’ll get experience of working across the entire company by building strategic partnerships with key stakeholders (Customer Service, Marketing, Sales, Finance, Product and Engineering functions).
What You'll Do:
This is a pivotal role which requires end-to-end delivery; from capturing business requirements through to planning, product delivery, and evaluation of performance against KPIs.
You’ll be highly motivated and excel at managing multiple projects simultaneously to test and execute immediate change.
Responsibilities will include, but not be restricted to:
- Working with the Product team to gather requirements for transactional emails
- Managing one-off email requests for both owners and travellers
- Writing technical specs, testing and executing email programmes as per business needs
- Be responsible for reporting on the success of campaigns against a series of defined metrics
- Working with the CRM Engineering team to provide project management support for large scale development projects, ensuring that key milestones are being achieved and reporting progress to the wider business
- Assisting the CRM team with testing of CRM programmes and initiatives
- Responsible for managing technical CRM projects such as data management (warehouse and reporting) and email deliverability
- Assisting CRM managers in ad-hoc traveller and homeowner projects
What We Seek:
- Experience working in a CRM role in a high energy online environment (experience working with an Email Service Provider is a plus)
- Proven history of developing high quality digital user experiences
- Ability to manage large, cross-functional projects and deal with multiple monthly launches
- Experience working with Technology teams to drive technical projects
- Good understanding of information architecture
- Strong communication skills that enable you to engage with senior leaders and internal stakeholders
- Meticulous attention to detail with a clear, methodological approach to problem solving
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint (with demonstrated experience in analysis, research and presentation creation)
- Prior experience with Agile methodology is preferred, but not essential