TripAdvisor Attractions is seeking an experienced Controller to manage the accounting operations, financial reporting, and compliance responsibilities of the Company. Reporting to the VP Finance and based in our San Francisco office, this role provides technical accounting guidance and support to FP&A, Tax, Treasury, Payments, and other functional groups across our international offices. The successful candidate will play an integral role in long term entity-structure strategy, in support of our on-going global expansion.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of seven accountants responsible for GL, AP, AR/Collections, revenue, commissions, payments, and payroll administration
- Manage month-end close process with Attractions and Corporate finance teams, including P&L review, sign off of key balance sheet reconciliations, and entity-level financial reporting
- Responsible for overall control of the Attractions compliance function, including management of annual SOX and statutory audits and related quarterly reviews. Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external auditors, and partner closely with the business to ensure any audit issues are remediated in a timely manner.
- Ensure local, state, federal, and international tax obligations are filed accurately and on time
- Oversee the complexities of cash management driven by our transaction-based business. This includes management of significant cash inflows and outflows across several legal entities in multiple currencies.
- Ensure integrity of financial systems, general ledgers, and sub-ledgers, and identify system enhancements to maximize productivity and reduce operating costs
- Provide technical accounting advice to various corporate functions (Tax, Legal, Treasury, etc.) on strategic business initiatives and evaluate accounting implications for these decisions
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA required
- 10+ years of progressive technical accounting experience, with at least 5 years in a supervisory or management capacity.
- Tenure at a public, multinational company; preferably at an e-commerce or transaction-based business.
- In depth knowledge of U.S. GAAP, including familiarity with technical accounting positions and related guidance in areas including Consolidations, Revenue Recognition, Impairment, and Capitalization
- Strong working knowledge of US Tax, UK VAT, and AU GST compliance
- Prior experience with cash management in a global, strategic capacity; foreign exchange risk mitigation a plus
- Excellent analytics and problem solving skills, strong experience with Excel and related tools, past collaboration with FP&A is preferred
- Experience with Workday and Hyperion systems a plus
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Flexible and open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback.
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
- Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and acknowledges mistakes, learns from those events and is able to move forward productively
- Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information.
- Ability to balance time to market with a solution and make the right trade-offs along the way
- Strong analytical skills: understands and utilizes metrics relevant to role
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business
TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
***This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***