SmarterTravel, a TripAdvisor Company, offers travelers a portfolio of travel sites to help them find the right trip at the right price. We are a team of passionate professionals who push and drive and innovate like a start-up, but we also have a track record of success and we benefit from being a part of a large, public company.
Why this role is awesome:
- You’ll use your strong online marketing skills and potential to drive audience development for SmarterTravel’s Business-to-Business team.
- You will create opportunities, both for the company and for yourself.
- In this role, you WILL make a difference – a measurable difference, right off the bat!
The Account Manager is an integral role to the growth of the Business Development Team. We’re looking for someone who’s analytical, proactive, and not afraid to speak up – and speak your mind – and who’s ready to help with the audience development/traffic acquisition for our growing Business development business. This person will directly manage online marketing partnerships with our publishers. This involves the creation and day-to-day account management of our marketing campaigns, the analysis of our marketing efficiency and the improvement of those campaigns through creative optimization.
In short, we want someone who is curious, who thinks differently, who can try new angles and overcome obstacles, who embraces data in the decisions they make, and who wants to work with the best. Does this sound like you?
You will be reporting into the Director of Business Development. The key areas of responsibility include:
- Manage internal development efforts to launch new partners (e.g., new landing page requirements, tag integration, product feeds, etc.)
- Coordinate new contracts, including creation, legal review, signature, etc.
- Create new tracking codes and ensure reporting systems are in place when launching new partners
- Coordinate delivery and deadlines
- Write creative/design and content briefs for new projects, landing pages, advertising creative, etc.
- Manage internal design to support new tests (e.g., display banners and landing page creative, etc.)
- Integration testing (internal and with marketing partners)
- Relationship ownership:
- Set monthly/quarterly performance goals with each partner
- identify and test new opportunities with existing and new partners to grow the business
- ROI Management
- Create and own marketing calendar
- Performance management:
- Review and ensure accuracy in our daily partner performance
- Identify and act on opportunities, headwinds and anomalies
- 5+ years of experience in online marketing and/or interactive advertising
- Bachelor degree required
- Demonstrated experience with and affinity for negotiating and managing deals and partnerships
- Recent and successful track record in the travel industry is a plus
- Strong quantitative/analytical skills and experience in forecasting of relevant performance metrics; strong understanding of Excel
- Ability to work efficiently in a rapidly changing, dynamic environment
At SmarterTravel, we have built an open & collaborative environment and we hire the people we want to work with (not just the ones with the right qualifications), but who also think different to us and challenge the status quo. We empower people, giving the support and autonomy needed to succeed. We embrace data to make decisions and overcome obstacles. We choose speed over perfection, but not at the expense of quality. We do what we do well, but we’re always looking to make it better. Let us know if you’d like to help.
SmarterTravel is an equal opportunity employer and evaluates applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or musical preferences. We think a diverse team builds a better product.
*** This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***