TripAdvisor, the world’s largest travel site, is looking for a talented Desktop Engineer for a key role on the IT Desktop Support team. We support over 3,000 end-users around the world.
The IT Desktop Support team’s responsibility is to provide gold standard end-user support and maintenance to internal employees. Support is provided both in-person and remotely and includes the support of laptop computers, mobile devices, printers, IP telephones, audio/video equipment, video conferencing systems, the administration of our self-service portals, Exchange email and calendaring, access control for Windows and Linux file servers, and our Asteria IP telephony system.
This isn’t your standard desktop role though. We are looking for someone who can take this team to the next level. We are looking for someone who can not only fix a problem but, take a broader view of why the problem/issue is happening and address the underlying cause. This person is going to be looked at to drive projects on a global basis.
- Provide top-level customer service where the customer is your focus at all times.
- Be responsive to customer service requests as well as high level projects and looking at root cause issues.
- Support Windows 10, Apple MacBook Pro, and IPads.
- Configure and deploy Mac OS X and Windows 10 through standard measures as well as imaging technologies.
- Experience with imaging technologies such as Ghost, PXE Boot, and SCCM.
- Deep scripting experience with PowerShell, Bash, Python or a similar language.
- Experience supporting enterprise-level video conferencing.
- Email support for mail clients like MS Outlook for Mac/PC, Mac Mail, Thunderbird etc.
- Printer configuration and support for Mac and Windows.
- Experience with end-user VPN and two factor authentication configurations
- Capable of working individually and as part of a team.
What will make you successful
- An inquisitiveness to dig into a problem and truly understand why issues are arising.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects/priorities in a deadline-driven environment.
- Must be able to remain calm in pressure situations and adapt quickly to change.
- Proactively address new and emerging problems.
- Desire to go above and beyond at all times to serve our customers
- 5-8 years of experience working in Windows PC Support or an equivalent occupation
- 5 years support of Macs and Apple products
- Prefer either CS degree or OSx Certification, Net+, A+, and Windows MCITP preferred but not required