TripAdvisor, the world’s largest travel site, is looking for a talented Senior Desktop Support Engineer for a key role within our Global IT organization . We are a high tech company with over 3,000 end-users around the world in 18 offices using the latest technology to drive the business.
The Global Desktop Services team’s responsibility is to provide gold standard end-user support for TripAdvisor employees. Support is provided both in-person and remotely and includes the support of laptops, desktops, mobile devices, printers, IP telephones, audio/video equipment, video conferencing systems, the administration of our self-service portals, Exchange email and calendaring, access control for Windows and Linux file servers, and our Asteria IP telephony system.
This isn’t your standard desktop role though. We are looking for someone who can take this team to the next level. We are looking for someone who can not only fix a problem but, take a broader view of why the problem/issue is happening and address the underlying cause. This person is going to be looked at to drive projects on a global basis. The perfect candidate would be seeking to be a team leader or has been in this role for at least 2 years. The candidate would be comfortable in leading architectural design discussion around system images, deployment processes and automation or self-service implementations initiatives.
Professional Interest / Experience
- Assist in driving improvements to the team’s service delivery functions through analytical analysis from which technical or service delivery advancements are made and are measurable.
- A strong interest, passion and aptitude for learn broad range of technology areas (desktop OS, network layer, application installation processes, endpoint protection software, scripting and other software languages)
- Provide tier-3 support within the IT Global Desktop team across various technology platforms and systems
- Capable of working individually and as part of a team.
- Provide top-level customer service where the customer is your focus at all times.
- Be responsive to customer service requests and in doing so identifies chronic system or delivery problems, makes fact-based decisions and leads projects that remove or reduces these risks / issues.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop automation advancements in desktop imaging, asset management and account management areas.
- A strong understanding and hands-on experience with enhancing asset and software management lifecycle.
- Ability to balance a 60%/40% split of time between customer service issues and project work.
- Excels at independent work while active participating in team collaboration or project efforts.
- Support Windows 10, Apple MacBook Pro, and IPads.
- Configure, manage, monitor, patch and report on the deployment of Mac OS X and Windows 10 environments through system management systems and reporting tools
- Experience with imaging technologies such as Ghost, PXE Boot, JAMF and SCCM.
- Support and maintain different infrastructures including but not limited to JAMF, SCCM and CrashPlan
- Create, manage, automate and monitor software packages, software updates, advertisements, and collections within SCCM or JAMF for targeting deployments
- MDM (Airwatch) solution knowledge is preferred.
- Deep scripting experience with PowerShell, Bash, Python or similar language.
- SQL, Access, Excel or other forms analysing or reporting on system or user data
- Experience supporting enterprise-level video conferencing systems.
- Email support for mail clients like MS Outlook for Mac/PC, Mac Mail, Thunderbird etc.
- Printer configuration and support for Mac and Windows.
- Experience with end-user VPN and two factor authentication configurations
- Experience with JIRA Service Desk and JIRA workflows is a plus.
- Understands the general operations and functions of a AV or VC conference room environment.
What will make you successful?
- An inquisitiveness to dig into a problem and truly understand why issues are arising.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects/priorities in a deadline-driven environment.
- Must be able to remain calm in pressure situations and adapt quickly to change.
- Proactively address new and emerging problems.
- Desire to go above and beyond at all times to serve our customers
- Lead or participate on a variety of cross-functional teams to proactively address support issues.
- Key contributor to the operational effectiveness of the endpoint infrastructure, architecture, and deployment
- 5-8 years of experience working in Windows PC Support or an equivalent occupation
- 5 years support of Macs and Apple products
- 1-2 years in desktop engineering role and/or a tech lead role within a desktop support team
- Bachelor of Science, Computer Science or equivalent degree. Computer Industry certifications on Endpoint device management