SmarterTravel, a TripAdvisor Company, offers travelers a portfolio of travel sites to help them find the right trip at the right price. We are a team of passionate professionals who push and drive and innovate like a start-up, but we also have a track record of success and we benefit from being a part of a large, public company.
From our offices in Ewing, NJ, we publish three popular travel sites Cruise Critic, Family Vacation Critic and IndependentTraveler.com which reach nearly eight million travelers a month. These sites roll up under the SmarterTravel portfolio, and are published by The Independent Traveler, Inc. a subsidiary of TripAdvisor.
Cruise Critic is the leading cruise reviews site which hosts the largest cruise community in the world. More than six million people, from first-time cruisers to avid cruise fans, visit Cruise Critic each month to research and plan their cruises, connect with other cruisers and share their passion for cruising.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Partnership Marketing Manager to join our team in Ewing, NJ. The successful candidate will have responsibility for building partner relationships, through content integration, distribution and syndication as well review collection and other partner integrations. You’ll provide reporting and identify opportunities for existing and new partnerships. This role requires a proactive, highly motivated, organized and responsible candidate who is able to work well in a team-oriented and entrepreneurial environment. You’ll work closely with sales, marketing, community, editorial and product at the center of our partnership relationships driving progress in a truly cross-functional way.
The Partnership Marketing Manager will work to support and promote current partner products, as well as to identify areas of opportunity and potential product solutions to support B2B relationships, and other business objectives. We are looking for a candidate who will be able to lead a project, as well as dive in and do the legwork; someone who is comfortable liaising with and briefing other teams, as well as communicating with clients at all levels.
- Day-to-day point of contact for existing key partners
- Advise and support our key partners in the implementation phase of our content syndication and review collection services including but not limited to page design / best practices, working with internal development teams to launch partners and address / support technical questions from external partners
- Optimize live partners through monitoring of implementations and review collection campaigns, providing reporting, and identifying opportunities for improvement, working with other teams to resolve partner questions.
- Managing the reporting process, to offer valuable insights to partners, as well as sharing internally.
- Maintain documentation, best practices, contracts and support other business development initiatives
- Liaise with Product and Engineering teams to help feed the product development process with new partner requirements
- Identify new opportunities and solutions to build partnerships and further existing relationships
What we seek:
- Experience in account management and business development/marketing, as well as excellent communication skills
- College degree
- Experienced at building effective client relationships through positive communication, honesty and trust, across all levels of the account base
- Basic understanding of technology such as APIs, data feeds, and HTML
- Someone who enjoys problem solving and working with Product and Engineering teams technical solutions to ensure successful launch of partnerships to meet targets
- Creative approach to projects, understanding of design and ability to create professional business presentations and proposals
- Ability to acquire a deep understanding of a client’s business and goals and then analyze performance data in order to suggest structural and editorial improvements that will optimize performance
- Ability to grow an account base and improve product integration/performance with customers
- Aptitude for producing outstanding results both professionally and personally by effective management of business processes
- Excellent written and oral communication, strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Target driven and proven self-starter with ability to deliver on targets through own efforts without constant supervision
- Some travel will be required
- 2+ years account management experience
- At least 8 years relevant experience
At SmarterTravel, we have built an open & collaborative environment and we hire the people we want to work with (not just the ones with the right qualifications), but who also think different to us and challenge the status quo. We empower people, giving the support and autonomy needed to succeed. We embrace data to make decisions and overcome obstacles. We choose speed over perfection, but not at the expense of quality. We do what we do well, but we’re always looking to make it better. Let us know if you’d like to help.
SmarterTravel is an equal opportunity employer and evaluates applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or musical preferences. We think a diverse team builds a better product.
*** This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***