We are looking for an individual with natural enthusiasm for the travel and digital industries, with the ability to build and maintain long-term, effective relationships across a large portfolio of key UK advertisers.
Arranging and conducting face-to-face meetings with key agency contacts, with a natural ability to demonstrate how TripAdvisor can help clients achieve their marketing objectives, the candidate will relish the chance to be a very visible rep for a world renowned travel brand.
The right individual needs to be willing to research and find relevant information, news, market developments and research to ensure their agencies and team mates are communicated with effectively.
It is important to generate accurate and timely reports on all sales forecasting, activity and performance as required.
- Ability to create seamless working relationship with other teams within TripAdvisor, such as Operations, Trafficking & Planning, Marketing, Partnerships, PR, Key Accounts & Events etc is paramount.
- Building better knowledge with an ability to be critical of own work – a desire to keep improving.
We are searching for a good team player, who enjoys developing and presenting an advertising-based, revenue-generating idea/opportunity to a marketing challenge, and who shows high levels of account management and relationship building. They need to be creative and able to perform in a fast-paced, highly changing marketplace and be driven to meet and exceed revenue targets and take full responsibility for their agency patch. As a good communicator, natural listener, presenter and negotiator, the right candidate will demonstrate ease when dealing with Digital teams, Comms Planners, trading teams and Marketing Managers/Directors.
We require extensive media sales experience - the majority being gained in face-to-face sales meetings with advertising agencies. Premium is placed on Travel Industry background.
University degree (or equivalent) required and/or extensive real world experience in the travel/sales industry.
Fluent written and spoken English.
- Familiarity and knowledge of the UK Media industry is essential, digital and/or travel experience a real bonus.
- Basic computer knowledge of software programs such as Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Highly effective at verbal and written communication, including the delivery of presentations is essential for success in this role.
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Flexible and open to change and new information; adapts behaviour and work methods accordingly
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback.
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behaviour toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
- Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and acknowledges mistakes, learns from those events and is able to move forward productively
- Identifies and analyses problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information.
- Ability to balance time to market with a solution and make the right trade-offs along the way
- Strong analytical skills: understands and utilizes metrics relevant to role
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business