Like to Travel with an Insider? Viator by TripAdvisor is the leader in providing travelers the one-stop shop to plan, research and book activities online. With nearly 1 million 600,000 reviews and photos from customers and a global network of over 3,000 affiliate partners, we sell our products to consumers globally in 10 languages through Viator and TripAdvisor mobile and web experiences, major airlines and hotels, travel agencies, city-specific websites, and more. Through its collection of sites, Viator welcomes over 10 million visitors per month.
Headquartered in San Francisco, Viator has regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas. Viator is part of the TripAdvisor family of companies, based in Boston. This position is based in the San Francisco headquarters with frequent interaction across offices.
ABOUT OUR TEAM & THE ROLE:
We’re more than just the numbers. Using our unique perspective and relationships with key stakeholders, the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team drives the entire budget of revenue and expense in addition to providing insights on trends and opportunities developing within Viator and similar industries.
The Senior Financial Analyst (SFA) will be responsible for reporting, planning and analysis within specific business channels and functions. You will perform recurring close and forecast-related responsibilities, and perform complex financial analysis/modeling while gaining invaluable experience in a position with significant responsibility and interaction with business partners. Successful candidates are strong team players with a heavy quantitative bias, and know how to balance getting the details right while moving quickly in a results-driven environment.
- Support the Director and Senior Management with financial forecasts and reporting for applicable revenue, operating expenses, headcount; in addition to required ad hoc analysis. Act as primary point of contact for sales, business development, and human resources
- Prepare ongoing key deliverables, which include variance analysis, budget versus actuals reporting, forecast updates, risks and opportunities, as well as other monthly corporate deliverables as required
- Build and maintain accurate reporting/forecasts related to Viator and TripAdvisor Attractions headcount and office costs, ensuring leases are properly accounted for in revised forecasts, while liaising with TripAdvisor as necessary where Viator employees are in TA offices.
- Calculate and vet quarterly sales performance bonuses and field questions with salesforce
- Prepare and review ongoing forecast versus actuals reporting on expenses, working closely with accounting team members (Sydney, Needham)
- Work with accounting to ensure financial policies and activities are consistently applied, reported and coordinated.
- Drive continuous process and automation improvements by participating in reporting enhancements for Finance, Data Analytics, business partners, and external stakeholders.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in FP&A or Accounting, or similar skillset, with analytics and planning tools experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics and/or management information systems required. CPA preferred
- Advanced Excel and experience with Hyperion/Essbase and Tableau or similar platforms preferred.
- Salesforce or other CRM experience preferred
- Background working in technology (preferably e-commerce or transactional online services); travel, hotel, and/or retail; public sector companies preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently across multiple projects in a fast-paced team environment with time pressures.
- Highly motivated, collaborative, flexible, fun, and responsive team player.
This role will be based in San Francisco, California.