Data isn’t just a number at Viator, it’s a product that serves as a key input to nearly every decision we make. We are seeking a Senior Manager of Analytics Engineering to serve as an advocate for our data; someone to help the Data & MarTech Organization optimize Viator’s data models, improve the usability and discoverability of our data, and ultimately increase its impact.
The Data & MarTech Organization develops the platform, infrastructure, and tools that make up Viator’s data, ML, experimentation, customer data, and marketing platforms. Sitting within this organization, the ideal Senior Manager of Analytics Engineering candidate is experienced with supporting multiple projects and various stakeholders. This role will be partnering closely with our engineering, data engineering, data science, and analytics teams across a wide range of projects.
We are seeking a Senior Manager of Analytics Engineering who will have the curiosity and drive to lead a team that moves forward data and business intelligence projects of both strategic and tactical importance within a large, fast moving, and data driven organization. This role will work with a wide variety of stakeholders to ensure that the data used to drive business decisions is accurate, timely, and accessible
- Manage a growing team of Analytics Engineers embedded in pods across the Data & MarTech organization
- Drive and execute strategic projects to create opportunities for data driven decision making. For example, identifying areas where existing data may be insufficient then researching and crafting a plan for improvement.
- Lead efforts to make tactical improvements to a complex data infrastructure. For example, overseeing a project to centralize and standardize similar data coming from different sources.
- Forensic data investigation—investigating and diagnosing often complex data interaction issues.
- Effectively and easily communicate business requirements to technical stakeholders and technical requirements to business stakeholders.
- Work with people in a variety of functions across the business to satisfy their data and reporting needs—analytics, product, engineering, sales, finance, business development and marking
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical or business related field (Mathematics, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related Engineering) Master's Degree a plus
- A minimum of 3+ years experience as a people manager leading an analytics engineering, data engineering, or analytics team
- 7+ years in an analytics engineering, data engineering, analytical, or business intelligence role (ideal backgrounds include: a similar Analyst role at a web company, a data-based consulting role, or other data strategy type positions)
- Advanced SQL and data skills for data modeling with large, complex datasets
- Ability to communicate effectively with people across multiple functions
- Demonstrated strength in data modeling and data warehousing to solve analytics needs across the business
- Ability to organize, direct, and develop personnel, and to plan and prioritize timely accomplishments of responsibilities
- A self-starter who demonstrates initiative, entrepreneurship, and tenacity who works proactively rather than reactively.
- Knowledge of e-commerce and web and native app analytics a plus
- Knowledge of marketing and customer data a plus
Does the idea of transforming Viator’s data and analytics capabilities using the latest tech appeal to you? If so, then we’d love to hear from you!