Locations: UK, Portugal
Viator’s mission is to bring more wonder into the world. To bring extraordinary, unexpected, and forever-memorable experiences to more people, more often, wherever they’re traveling, wherever they are. In doing so, Viator elevates thousands of businesses, large and small, along the way.
With Viator, they’ve experienced the best of the world’s oldest cities, and rediscovered their hometowns through new eyes. They’ve faced their fears ziplining across the jungles of Costa Rica, hot air ballooning above Turkey’s Cappadocia, and trekking through the glaciers of New Zealand. Over wine-tasting and walking tours, they’ve reunited with family and friends after COVID-enforced separations.
We’re the largest marketplace of our kind: a single place where travelers can book more than 300,000 tours, experiences, and activities.
We’re used by millions of travelers to find everything from walking tours and wineries, to cooking classes and catamarans, to sailing and spelunking, to bus tours and breweries. Our hundreds of thousands of experiences are in nearly every country around the world. And our team is international, too. We have people in Singapore, Sydney, Oxford, London, Lisbon, Reykjavik, Boston, San Francisco, and more.
The Viator Traveler Experience product team is seeking an enthusiastic, data fluent Senior Product Director to join the team on our mission to create an experience that’s complete, inspiring, simple and compelling, the first time, the next time and every time that our customers travel. You will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions and grow as a product management leader.
In this role you will manage a team of product managers working at the core part of traveler experience: helping travelers find the right experience that matches their needs and wants. You and your team will make it easier for travelers to compare and narrow down options and convey what is the best value. You will recognise their buying habits and deliver unique interactions that help them make the right decision.
What you will do
- Led key initiatives across dream, research & decide parts of traveler journey
- Manage a team of product managers
- Build new capabilities or optimize existing products to drive the business forward against established revenue and growth goals
- Ensure we have clear understanding of customer needs drawing on user research, voice of the customer insights and analysis of existing performance data
- Build investment cases for your product in collaboration with product leadership
- Define success metrics, KPIs and monitor ongoing product performance, taking action where necessary to improve performance
- Set the delivery plan and roadmap for your product, prioritizing deliverables and activities for the team to best achieve the stated business outcomes
- Lead collaboration with engineering, marketing, legal, UX, and other teams on cutting-edge technologies.
- Develop innovative solutions to complex problems by collaborating across regions, product areas, and functions.
What we’re looking for
- 10+ years of product management experience using agile methodologies
- 4+ years of experience in people management and technical leadership
- Consumer facing digital product management experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders, achieve strategic goals and evolve product based on research, data, and industry trends
- Experience creating product roadmap(s) from conception to launch, driving the product vision and defining the GTM strategy
- Strong logical reasoning, attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Curiosity driven mindset that seeks to understand customer problems and build products that solve for those problems and customers love to use
- Completely comfortable with using data and data tools to build understanding and insight
- The passion to deliver a high quality user experience
- Goal orientation and demonstrated record of success in previous endeavors; motivated to deliver exceptional results, driven by a strong work ethic
- Master’s degree in a technology or business related field.
- Strong technical know-how, with an excellent understanding of web & app technologies
- Familiarity with data insight tools such as TableauWe strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates.
We strive to create and accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at email@example.com.