We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
Hospitality Solutions is a partner-focused pillar within Tripadvisor Engineering. It is responsible for building products that serve restaurant owners and hoteliers, enabling them to market their businesses online, as well as content-sharing mechanisms for partners to surface select TA content on third-party websites. We are looking for a Technical Lead to lead a team of full-stack engineers in Lisbon, Portugal. In this role, you will be leading engineering projects to build out product features and to monetize them, and leading an engineering team responsible for the development and iteration of key platform capabilities on which our partner-focused solutions depend.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will independently develop solutions in support of our products across all layers of the stack. You will actively collect and refine requirements to help turn ambiguous project statements into actionable plans. You will be responsible for designing relational databases, microservices, APIs, and interactive user interfaces. Through your work you will grow expertise in one or more technologies and share your learnings with your team. You will be responsible for testing the software you write and will maintain your features once released. You will actively provide code reviews to your peers, ensuring that team standards and best practices are adhered to. Similarly, you will actively seek feedback from your peers and promote a collaborative and fast-paced engineering culture. You will sometimes coordinate the work of other engineers, providing mentorship to help them succeed.
What You’ll Do
- Lead design and implementation of complex technical systems, estimating scope of work, organizing and prioritizing work, communicating timelines, managing expectations, and providing timely status updates.
- Work closely with stakeholders (e.g. product and design teams) to define system requirements, weighing engineering and product tradeoffs to recommend technical options that are extensible, scalable, robust, secure, and maintainable
- Be responsible for the quality of code you ship, troubleshooting complex issues and driving them to resolution. Own and be accountable for the business-critical systems you deliver.
- Mentor junior engineers and promote the success of the team by participating in design reviews, providing critical code review feedback, assisting and unblocking team members, contributing to and supporting team values and processes.
- Develop, deploy and maintain full stack implementations of owner and consumer-facing features
- Be responsible for all aspects of software engineering, from design to implementation, QA, operations and maintenance.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of large scale, full life cycle development experience
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and OO design
- Experience working in a tech lead capacity, designing as well as implementing complex software solutions and coordinating the work of other engineers on the project
- Cloud Platform experience (AWS) is a valuable plus.
If you need a reasonable accommodation or support during the application or the recruiting process due to a medical condition or disability, please reach out to your individual recruiter or send an email to AccessibleRecruiting@Tripadvisor.com and let us know the nature of your request.