Viator is a Tripadvisor company that makes it easy to find and book something you'll love to do. With an industry-leading selection of high-quality experiences, Viator gives millions of travellers a month something new to discover, both near and far from home.
We believe that we are better together, and we welcome you for who you are. At Viator, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionise travel and together find the good out there. We operate a hybrid work schedule, allowing you the flexibility to work remotely and from the Oxford or London Tripadvisor office. We have a fun and friendly environment where the key objective is getting things done.
Viator is looking for a Technical Manager to join our fast-growing Engineering team. As part of our web development team you will be working in a fast paced environment - collaborating closely with Design and Product - and releasing new features every day. You will be working with the best engineers and leaders at Viator and work on market leading products. You will be part of a team that deeply values diversity and creates space for you to be your best and the work environment is modern and inclusive with a strong focus on employee experience. We offer our team members a range of flexible work options as well as a variety of professional and personal development opportunities.
What you will do
- Lead a team of between four and eight software developers based across Europe and India. You will be responsible for the team’s remit and the quality of its output
- Show leadership as a hands-on developer when necessary. Our stack includes Java, React, Docker, Kubernetes, GraphQL, SQL and NoSQL databases, all running on Linux and in AWS.
- Work alongside other stakeholders across the business to determine your team’s priorities, and guide the team to successful delivery
- Coach and grow the engineers you manage, helping them develop their skills and advance their careers
- Take responsibility for all aspects of software engineering, from design to implementation, QA and maintenance
- Work alongside other engineering teams and leaders located around the world
What you will need
- At least eight years’ commercial software development experience, including at least two years of technical leadership
- Experience of directly line managing engineers, including evidence of mentoring and growing other developers
- Strong technical skills and understanding of system architecture
- A history of web development with a first class object-oriented language such as Java or C#.
- Good understanding of web front-end technologies (HTML, CSS, JS).
- High quality verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to break down complex problems into simple solutions
- Sense of ownership, urgency and pride in your work
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
What you’ll get
Highly competitive salary along with the following:
- Annual performance related bonus
- Generous stock (RSU) award upon joining, with additional awards annually
- Regular salary reviews and excellent career growth opportunities
- Flexible working hours & hybrid working, with a minimum of 1 day per week in the Oxford or London office
- Free meals in the office
- Full family private healthcare and dental
- Excellent contributory pension
- Critical illness and full life cover
- Standard 25 days paid holiday (not including bank holidays), increasing with tenure
- £1050 annual stipend for costs outside the office such as gym membership or home office set up
- “Summer Fridays” scheme allowing extra days off during the summer
- 30 minute call with a recruiter to learn more about the role
- 30 minute technical interview with someone from the Viator Engineering team
- Three one-hour interviews with members of the team, covering your management experience as well technical topics - including some coding - and what you would bring to Viator
- We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at email@example.com.