We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our Performance Marketing team, helping drive visitors to Tripadvisor’s website so they can experience our products and book their dream vacation. We integrate with search, social, display and affiliate advertising platforms across the web to acquire traffic. Our engineers have one of the most interesting roles at Tripadvisor - you’ll collaborate closely with product managers, analysts and data scientists and provide crucial input to our direction and success. Overall you’ll grow a comprehensive understanding of how Tripadvisor competes (and wins!) in the fascinating and rapidly-changing global travel marketplace.
The successful candidate will join a squad of Engineers initially leading from the front before transitioning into a Technical Manager for the team. We are looking to engage with candidates who are enthusiastic about leading teams and growing their career in this direction!
We have a fun and friendly environment where the key objective is getting things done. Our team is small and entrepreneurial, and responsible for a meaningful chunk of Tripadvisor’s daily revenue. We work regularly with many other teams across the company (B2C traveler experience, data platform and analytics, microservices architecture, B2B price acquisition and delivery, etc.) on our projects. Our engineers are part of the full process from design, to code, to test, to deployment and back again for further iteration. Across Tripadvisor, we’ve worked hard to create an atmosphere of “Speed Wins” – minimizing process, shipping products quickly and doing everything to avoid big company paralysis. This is a very bottom-up organisation; there are no software architects thinking deep thoughts and directing the action from above. We trust our engineers to come up with, implement and take responsibility for their own designs.
Do you like building features end to end? Do you like working with a large number of technologies? Do you like moving quickly, releasing features daily, working with other smart and talented engineers? If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk to you.
What you’ll do
- Lead a team of engineers in designing and building our next generation marketing platform.
- Code! Most of our engineers release code to production every few days and we have a daily release cycle.
- Develop platforms and tools for managing SEM, Hotel Ads and social accounts. This includes partner API integrations, Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) data engineering processes to produce tables & insights, feed generation and more.
- Work closely with our data scientists and analysts to produce predictive algorithms for bidding and optimizing ad spend.
- Daily operational support - you’ll be part of a team that owns these crucial systems.
- Take responsibility for all aspects of software engineering, from design to implementation, QA and maintenance.
- Operate across our evolving technology stack - we’re using Java, PySpark, Hive, Snowflake, BigQuery, Postgres, React, and more.
- Take pride in growing one of the most critical revenue sources for the company
- Grow into the Manager role taking responsibility for Engineers in this squad.
While not mandatory, previous marketing (SEM, Facebook/Instagram, Display) experience, familiarity with ETL processes, and back end development experience would be beneficial.
What you’ll get
- Highly competitive salary along with the following
- Annual bonus
- Generous Stock Award upon joining
- Additional stock awarded annually
- Excellent contributory pension
- Full family private medical cover
- Full dental cover
- Daily lunch allowance
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible summer working schedule
- Time off between Christmas and New Year (on us!)
- Annual travel and wellbeing allowance (€1100+)
- Critical illness plus full life cover
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance program.
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at email@example.com.