We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
Want to be part of a team working on the world’s largest travel platform? Tripadvisor aims to make everyone a better traveler by creating products that help people around the world plan and have the perfect trip. As part of the team responsible for our Flagship apps, you get to work on products impacting many millions of monthly active visitors worldwide.
Hospitality Solutions is a B2B-focused pillar within Tripadvisor Engineering. It is responsible for building products that serve restaurant owners and hoteliers, enabling them to market their businesses online. We are looking for a Technical Manager to lead a team of B2B engineers. In this role you will manage a single engineering team (~6 engineers) and lead projects to build out Business Advantage features .
You will be responsible for administering an agile process to manage your team’s work. You will encourage iteration and breaking down complex projects into smaller discrete parts. You will champion software engineering best practices and coach your tech lead and individual contributors on how they can improve their craft and ultimately their career. As a seasoned engineering leader, you are capable of stepping into the shoes of a technical lead, comfortable discussing design and architecture tradeoffs. You will contribute code when time and necessity permits. You will foster a productive, collaborative, and results-driven culture on your team.
- You have a BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- You bring 6-7 years of experience as a Software Engineer, including 1-2 years as a manager of Software Engineers
- You have been successful in hiring, mentoring, and growing engineers
- You have consistently exceeded expectations throughout your career, and you can describe specific activities and projects that demonstrate this behavior
- Lead an engineering team as part of a larger organization
- Champion effective Agile development processes
- Mentor software engineers to help them develop their software design and development skills
- Track industry trends yet be pragmatic when introducing new technology
- Show leadership as a hands-on developer in multiple layers of the software stack
- Show a sense of ownership and pride in your role as a leader and make us believe you will excel
- Manage a team towards long-term goals while delivering new capabilities daily
- Work with everyone from engineers to product owners to C-level executives to help communicate, prioritize, influence and inform key product and engineering decisions
What you’ll get
- Highly competitive salary along with the following
- Annual bonus
- Generous Stock Award upon joining
- Additional stock awarded annually
- Excellent contributory pension
- Full family private medical cover
- Full dental cover
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible summer working schedule
- Time off between Christmas and New Year (on us!)
- Annual travel and wellbeing allowance ($1200+)
- Critical illness plus full life cover
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance program.
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at email@example.com.