We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
Cruise Critic, the world's largest online cruise resource and part of Tripadvisor, is seeking an Assistant SEO Editor to join its editorial team. This position will support the overall SEO strategy as determined by the editorial team.
The ideal candidate will have a basic knowledge of SEO best practices and research tools as they pertain to online media (or will demonstrate an ability to learn them fast). You will use those skills to provide SEO research to the editorial team and freelancer writers. Those practices and tools will also inform your editing and writing for Cruise Critic. The role reports directly to the Senior SEO Editor, who will work with the candidate to use Cruise Critic's performance data to execute the team's SEO strategy.
Excellent writing and editing skills are a must, and a general understanding of SEO's role in content creation is ideal. The candidate can also perform research quickly and learn how to curate that research for editorial purposes, communicating clearly with others in a fast-moving team environment. A passion for travel is helpful, but not required.
This job is remote and does not involve travel, though occasional travel for team get-togethers and meetings is likely. Regardless of where the candidate is based in the U.S., the ability to work East Coast hours several days a week is required.
- Work with Senior SEO Editor to quickly develop proficiency with industry-standard SEO research programs and SEO best practices
- Provide keyword research for SEO content updates using tools like SEMRush and AHRefs (research will be for at least 10 to 15 pieces of content per week)
- Assist with day-to-day SEO research needs for new features and news stories as they arise
- Edit, optimize, update, and/or launch at least 10 to 15 pieces of content per week using Cruise Critic CMS
- Fact check updated content and make sure updates adhere to Cruise Critic Style and Sensitivity guidelines
- Develop proficiency in performing SEO audits of content (i.e., "What does this article need to drive traffic?")
- Might be tasked with writing shorter SEO content (typically 600-800 words or fewer)
- Excellent writing and editing skills; ability to edit writing of freelancers and peers
- College degree in communications, marketing, or English/writing is ideal. A focus on media is preferred.
- Ability and eagerness to learn new SEO and CMS programs quickly
- Curiosity about data and interest in performance of content
- Efficient and accurate research methods
- Ability to meet deadlines and output goals
- Desire to learn more about cruise as a pillar of the travel industry as a whole
- Must be organized, with an eye for accuracy and detail, and enjoy multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills
- Not overwhelmed when looking at a spreadsheet.
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at email@example.com.