Viator is a Tripadvisor company that makes it easy to find and book something you'll love to do. With an industry leading selection of high-quality experiences, Viator gives millions of travellers a month something new to discover, both near and far from home.
We believe that we are better together, and at Viator we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Viator, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionise travel and together find the good out there.
The Viator Traveller Engineering team is distributed across Europe and is responsible for viator.com, the Viator mobile apps and all their supporting infrastructure.
We’re looking for Senior Software Engineers to join our fast-growing team. This role is for fully remote engineers based in the UK, Portugal or the US.
Within Viator we have a fun and friendly environment where the key objective is getting things done.
Working closely alongside product managers and designers, our engineers are part of the full process from software design, to code, to test, to deployment and back again. Most of our engineers release code to production every few days and we have a daily release cycle.
Viator’s web stack includes Java, React, TypeScript, GraphQL, Kubernetes, SQL and NoSQL databases, and runs on AWS. For this role, we’re looking for engineers who are very comfortable writing SQL and who have experience of working on ETL processes. You don’t need to have used everything else listed but you do need to be hungry to learn.
What you’ll get
Highly competitive salary along with the following:
- Annual performance related bonus
- Generous stock (RSU) award upon joining, with additional awards annually
- Regular salary reviews and excellent career growth opportunities
- Very flexible working hours
- Free meals in the office
- Full family private healthcare and dental
- Excellent contributory pension
- Critical illness and full life cover
- Standard 28 days paid holiday (not including bank holidays), increasing with tenure
- £1,050 annual stipend for costs outside the office such as gym membership or home office set up
- “Summer Fridays” scheme allowing extra days off during the summer.
- 30 minute call with a recruiter to learn more about the role
- 30 minute technical interview with someone from the Viator Engineering team
- Four one-hour interviews with members of the team, covering technical topics - including some coding - and what you would bring to Viator.
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.