Head of Communications and Marketing
Part of TripAdvisor® Company, TheFork, is the leading online restaurant reservation platform in Europe and Australia, with a network of around 60,000 restaurants worldwide, 28 million app downloads and present in 12 countries around the globe.
Through TheFork (website and app), as well as through Tripadvisor, users can easily select a restaurant according to preference criteria (such as the localization, type of cuisine, restaurant type and average price), consult user reviews, check real-time availability and instantly book online.
TheFork team aims to inspire and enable people to confidently discover, experience and share food. We operate under a shared set of values that define how we do business and how we interact with our colleagues, our partners, our customers and our food community. We strongly believe that building a diverse workforce of people from all walks of life helps us have a richer, more vibrant, more successful workplace.
Who you are and what you will do :
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Head of Communications and Marketing to join our expanding North Region marketing team (Sweden, Netherlands and United Kingdom). We are a purpose led organisation with the ambition of building the strongest hospitality brand across our territories, with exponential growth planned over the next few years. We need a strong leader that will also play a key role in the overall marketing organisation and that has the demonstrated ability to generate results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Furthermore, we need someone that can operate at both a strategic and operational level; in a nutshell, you aren't scared to roll up your sleeves and get things done.
- Build, grow and retain the North Region Communications and Marketing team (3 direct reports and reporting to the Marketing Director of the North Region).
- Develop and implement a multichannel, integrated and forward thinking B2C and B2B communication strategy (Medias Relations, Influencers, Social / Content) and ensure alignment with the overall marketing strategy of the North Region and overall business.
- Contribute to the integrated marketing plan and collaborate closely with key marketing stakeholders within the local and central teams.
- Work with the Local and Central Communications and Marketing Teams to define the methodology to evaluate our content, influencers, media relations and social programs.
- Maintain and establish relationships with key media and influencers in the industry.
- Oversee our reactive PR approach.
- Develop and implement a holistic marketing strategy to increase our acquisition efforts and maximize our retention rate.
- Create and bring to life a local Brand Strategy that is consistent with the global one, but locally relevant.
- Build marketing programs that will enable us to increase our Brand Awareness, Consideration and Perception and increase our pipeline of qualified leads.
- Develop an industry relations strategy for the North Region.
- Develop a nurturing approach for qualified leads and highly valued clients.
- Strong people management experience and track record of attracting, growing and retaining a team of high performers.
- Ability to influence and navigate in a matricial structure.
- Extensive experience of building integrated communications plans across earned, owned and paid platforms.
- Expertise in developing and implementing creative, innovative and integrated campaigns that goes above and beyond the traditional media relations playbook.
- Experience in building a holistic Marketing approach that has resulted in significant gains in terms of awareness, user acquisition and retention rate.
- Several years of experience working in a fast-paced technology business with commercially driven objectives.
- Strong project management skills, and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Position based in London
#marketing #PR #communiction