We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
We are searching for a Senior Visual Designer for a pioneering digital organization
What you’ll get:
Tripadvisor Hospitality Solutions (B2B) provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a well-established industry brand (the world’s largest travel site!). You will work closely with the Creative Manager of B2B Hospitality Marketing and gain the experience of collaborating across multiple teams (CRM Ops, Marketing Managers, Copywriters and Designers).
What you’ll do:
In this role you will work to uphold and elevate Tripadvisor’s brand guidelines for all of B2B marketing. You will manage multiple digital design projects and articulate creative solutions that shape Tripadvisor’s perception, and influence our new, modernized platform for hospitality owners.
Responsibilities will include, but not be restricted to:
- Interface and articulate projects with marketing managers, product managers, stakeholders and production partners to integrate creative design solutions into new marketing materials. Including but not limited to web design, email templates, banners, presentation decks, product illustrations, omni-channel content, etc.
- Manage multiple projects of moderate scope across the product lifecycle, setting the vision for the user experience, and clearly explaining the strategic purpose and user value behind decisions
- Follow and advocate for the design system, with the latitude to push it further
- Ensure designs and user interfaces deliver core brand strategy and vision
- Work with the B2B teams to gather complete understanding of campaign requirements to execute on design deliverables (research, gather resources, required specs and assets)
- Participate in weekly marketing meetings to discuss projects and their priority
- Use project management tools for creative assignments to help the creative team track and deliver priorities week to week
- Create designs that align and innovate the Tripadvisor brand
- Advise junior creatives on projects when needed
What you bring to the team:
- A solid understanding of design principles and best practices specific to print and digital materials (e.g. typography, color theory, layout, information hierarchy)
- Well versed in UX principles and processes, adept at crafting a user journey and iterating design for web, e-mail & social platforms.
- Meticulous attention to detail with a clear, innovative approach to problem solving
- Strong written and verbal and communication skills that enable you to engage, direct and present with creative team, developers and key players in the marketing team
- 3 to 6 years experience designing across mobile and web at consumer-focused brands or agencies
- Experience using design systems and designing based on inputs from data, product and research
- Incredible design chops with proven experience shipping customer-centric products
- Portfolio that showcases your contribution to digital products and demonstrates originality, innovation, and strong problem solving skills.
- Strong conceptual thinking and understanding, ability to think strategically how a piece of creative work will impact larger scale campaigns
- Advanced working knowledge with Figma and Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop (must have prior work experience with web app/platform and the CS softwares)
- Knowledge of UX/UI principles
- Google Drive for teams
- Illustration skills and data visualization that can adapt to style guides for the Tripadvisor brand
Nice to have:
- Previous experience with Wordpress or Shorthand software to build landing pages. Basic understanding of HTML & CSS
- Previous experience designing for a B2B organization
- Experience working in a remote high energy design environment
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.