We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
Want to be part of a team working on the world's largest travel platform? Tripadvisor aims to make everyone a better traveler by creating products that let members plan, go and guide others on their way. As part of the Research team, you will work on products that impact 400 million monthly visitors worldwide. Our team is looking for an Associate Director to lead research for our new premium subscriber experience.
As part of our team, you will use multiple methods to uncover insights that shape the products we create for travelers. You will help the team understand the needs of travelers and shape the vision and roadmap that impacts millions of travelers around the world. You’ll partner with product, design, engineering, and analytics to bring products to life. To be successful, you will be passionate about understanding traveler needs, skilled with data, thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and have fun along the way.
What You’ll Do
- Represent the voice of the traveler with product, design and engineering teams.
- Lead teams through the research process, from structuring research plans, guiding field work, analyzing findings and developing insights.
- Synthesize and effectively communicate research findings to inform design and business decisions.
- Establish and maintain high standards to ensure research effectively influences the complete product life cycle.
- Grow Tripadvisor’s research capabilities, toolkit and library of insights.
- This role is remote eligible
What You Bring
- You have 6+ years of professional research experience working on consumer products; 1-2 years of management experience
- You can communicate through storytelling and influence business leaders with non-research backgrounds.
- You bring together complex perspectives and articulate a clear point of view or way forward.
- You have experience designing a variety of research approaches e.g., surveys, usability testing, concept studies, participatory design, ethnographic observations, contextual observation.
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at email@example.com.