We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
We believe travel brings out the best in us, opens our eyes to the world and connects us to each other. Millions of people visit our site and app every month, looking for guidance in planning their next trip. Where to go? What will it be like? Will it be worth it? As Product Designers, we can help take the anxiety out of their travel planning, answer their questions, and more importantly, inspire and empower them to explore the world with confidence.
Last year was a big year for us at Tripadvisor – we updated our brand and rebuilt our app, and now we’re expanding our Product Design team.
We’re seeking a Product Designer II to play a critical role in shaping Tripadvisor’s traveler digital experience. As a Product Designer II, you’ll work alongside a team of world-class designers, engineers, product managers, and content creators to design for the 450 million+ travelers across the globe that travel with us monthly.
What you’ll do:
- Partner closely with designers, product managers, engineers, and researchers to translate user goals into elegant, memorable design solutions
- Manage multiple projects of moderate scope across the product lifecycle, setting the vision for the user experience, and clearly explaining the strategic purpose and user value behind decisions
- Follow and advocate for the design system, with the latitude to push it further
- Ensure designs and user interfaces deliver core brand strategy and vision
- Break down open-ended opportunities into actionable next steps; realize ideas with the appropriate level of detail and fidelity at every phase
- Drive and/or collaborate on all cyclical user testing sessions
- Operate autonomously and drive progress by balancing collaboration, alignment, and decisiveness
- Operate across projects with different speeds and effectively balance big thinking and timely execution
- Be the voice of the consumer, advocating for solutions that deliver the best user experience with a consideration of available site data, user research, and industry best practices
- Actively participates and contributes to team culture and identifies areas of improvement and potential solutions
What you have:
- 3 to 6 years experience designing across mobile and web at consumer-focused brands or agencies
- Passion for design systems and data-informed product design
- Incredible design chops with proven experience shipping customer-centric products
- Experience designing for iOS and Android platforms
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, from concept to completion
- Excellent communication skills, conviction, and a strong design point of view
- A passion for travel
- Portfolio that showcases your contribution to digital products and demonstrates originality, innovation, and strong problem solving skills
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at email@example.com.