Full-stack Engineer- NodeJS @TheFork
Buenos Aires - Argentina
TheFork, a TripAdvisor® Company is the leading online restaurants reservation platform in Europe, Australia and Latin America, with a network of more than 60.000 restaurants worldwide, more than 30,5 million monthly visits and present in 12+ countries around the globe.
Basically, TheFork connects restaurants and diners:
- Through TheFork (website and application), as well as through TripAdvisor, users can easily select a restaurant according to preference criteria (such as the localisation, type of cuisine, restaurant type and average price), consult user reviews, check real-time availability and instantly book online.
- From the restaurants side, TheFork provides them with a software solution, TheFork Manager, which enables restaurants to optimize reservations management, streamline operations and ultimately improve service and revenues.
TheFork team aims to inspire and enable people to confidently discover, experience and share food. We operate under a shared set of values that define how we do business and how we interact with our colleagues, our partners, our customers and our food community. We strongly believe that building a diverse workforce of people from all walks of life helps us have a richer, more vibrant, more successful workplace.
We are looking for Software Engineers ready to change an industry and join our Engineering Team in Buenos Aires.
About engineering @ TheFork:
- Our team is based on 100+ people including engineers, QA, design, product and devOps.
- We have an international team, with people working from France, Italy, Portugal, UK and Argentina.
- Our stack is mostly in Node both on the backend and frontend, and we work with React for our interfaces and GraphQL as API. Our Mobile Apps are made with Swift and Kotlin.
- Our engineers take great pride in their code, and pay close attention to the submitted pull requests.
- We solve many challenges with highly performant solutions, addressing beautiful interfaces without being troubled by the scalability of the platform itself.
Who you are
- Passionate about software development.
- Experience working with Node projects (2 years minimum).
- Experience building and consuming APIs.
- Ability to think of the customer and the business in order to solve problems and get stuff done.
- Motivated to understand how big architectures work (micro-services, integrations with third party applications, cloud services, amongst others).
- Applies progressive enhancement philosophy.
- Proficient English level.
Nice to have
- Knowledge about Typescript & GraphQL APIs.
- Aware of front-end technologies and frameworks (React).
- Experience working with microservices.
- Ability to manage complexity in a large project, and incur technical debt only after considering the trade-offs.
- Experience working with remote teams.
What we offer
- Chance to make an enormous impact in a rapidly growing Tech Company
- TripAdvisor stocks
- 3 weeks vacation
- OSDE Medical Coverage
- Flexible working policy
- Wellness / Fitness reimbursement + Gym Discounts
- Udemy for Business (Full access to the E-learning Platform)
Fun times: Team buildings and Day-outs to have fun with your team