We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
We are seeking a creative and energetic Communications leader to join the global Tripadvisor Public Relations & Industry Relations team, reporting into the Global Head of Communications and Industry Affairs. This director-level role is an exciting opportunity to lead strategic consumer communications efforts in the U.S. for data-driven travel insights and seasonal promotions, product launches and other brand-driving campaigns. This person will lead creation of all relevant U.S. press materials, conduct media relations (inclusive of being the company consumer spokesperson in print, digital and broadcast media) , and be a creative idea generator for new campaigns while also iterating on hallmark campaigns working in partnership with our Brand Marketing organization. The successful candidate will be a results-driven and solutions-oriented leader, adept at multi-taking in a fast-paced environment for our beloved travel brand. Preference for the role is Needham, MA, or New York City.
- Lead our B2C narrative across all products and consumer-facing services
- B2C Communications Strategy, working in partnership with PR leadership and your internal partners across the Tripadvisor B2C organization to develop a compelling narrative and publicity campaigns that drive awareness and consideration of the brand (inclusive of Tripadvisor’s value to travelers everywhere), reach a new generation of travelers and helps turn more Tripadvisor platform users into engaged logged on members and subscribers of DTC services like Tripadvisor Plus.
- B2C global communications lead, responsible for partnering with brand, product marketing, product, engineering and sales on key initiatives, driving PR media relations strategy on a national and local level to inspire travelers to trip plan on our platform. Key areas: Tripadvisor Plus, Experiences, and other branded offerings like Travel Safe
- Serve as U.S. consumer media contact and broadcast spokesperson
- Lead the development U.S. and global consumer public relations/brand campaigns and calendars: Serve as strategic idea generator to recommend, manage, oversee and execute programmatic, global PR campaigns and omni-channel amplifications
- Foster and maintain relationships with top-tier journalists and influencers to secure positive coverage through national and local media relations across travel, lifestyle, dining media trades
- Manage day-to-day U.S. consumer PR efforts by strategizing, developing and managing data requests, media relations, research, maintaining media lists and reporting results to promote Tripadvisor news and trends about the considered trip (hotels, restaurants, air, cruise, car, vacation rentals, experiences)
- Plan, organize and meet with key media for in-person desksides to inform travel writers of the latest Tripadvisor news, trends and data. Mine for opportunities to better work together to secure more coverage
- Develop compelling, newsworthy press materials, such as press releases, key messages, media Q&As, blog articles, and social media content ideas
- Collaborate with research and insights, data science, SEO, merchandizing and machine learning to acquire and analyze consumer platform behavior and consumer survey results to uncover trends and build newsworthy PR campaigns that deliver on brand strategy. Key areas: Monthly Travel Index
- Provide cross-functional strategic comms and content marketing support for channel owners – social, CRM, brand, marketing, product, app, media/advertising, Social Impact, ED&I, People Operations, HR/recruiting and Foundation initiatives to deliver fully integrated and consistent campaigns
- Manage all vendor relationships and billing
- Manage and mentor junior staff, interns and contractors to ensure high quality work product and a valuable learning experience
- Oversee U.S. and Global weekly, quarterly, annual and campaign-specific reporting
- 8-10 years of experience in public relations/media relations/corporate communications
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Cision, Meltwater, Critical Mention, Qualtrics preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or related preferred
- High energy, motivated and aggressive about getting results and growing our company
- Flexible and open to change and new information
- Collaborative team player
- Organized with acute attention to detail
- Intellectually curious and eager to tackle new challenges
- Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.