We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
Tripadvisor is the largest travel site in the world, visited by over 500 million travellers each month. The Oxford office is looking for a technical manager to join our fast-growing Engineering team. This role gives the flexibility to work from home and from the office.
We’re looking for a Director of Engineering to join our Viator team, working from the Oxford office and reporting to the Senior Director of Engineering.
Viator, a Tripadvisor company, makes it easy to find and book something you'll love to do. With access to the world's largest selection of high-quality experiences, there's always something new to discover, both near and far from home. From must-do moments to who-knew discoveries, see the familiar in a new way, or the unknown for the first time.
The Viator Traveller team is responsible for www.viator.com and the Viator native apps. We’re based in Oxford and Lisbon. As a Director of Engineering you will oversee a set of pods of engineers working on different streams of work in a fast-paced agile environment. You will manage individual contributors and other managers, helping them to grow their careers at Tripadvisor. You will own the processes and technologies used in your areas and work in a truly collaborative team alongside product managers, designers and analysts.
While this is largely a hands-off role, we’re looking for someone with a wealth of technical experience who is willing and able to get involved when required. Our stack includes Java, React, Docker, Kubernetes, GraphQL, SQL and NoSQL databases, all running on Linux and in AWS.
We’re looking for someone who can fit into our collaborative culture. We have a fun and friendly environment where the key objective is getting things done. Key attributes would include openness, integrity, collaborative decision making and an informal, direct, communication style.
What we're looking for:
- At least five years’ experience of managing a large software engineering team, ideally product-focussed and working on a high traffic website or app.
- Detailed knowledge of web application architecture and infrastructure. App development experience is desirable.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering complex technology-focused projects.
- High quality verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to successfully grow effective teams.
- Background of breaking down complex problems into simple solutions.
- Sense of ownership, urgency and pride in your work.
Experience of working with international teams would be beneficial.
What you'll get
- Highly competitive salary along with the following
- Annual bonus.
- Flexible working (Remote and office)
- Excellent contributory pension.
- Full family private medical cover.
- Full dental cover.
- Annual wellbeing allowance (e.g. gym membership)
- Personal travel reimbursement.
- Critical illness plus full life cover.
- Time off 25 days plus 3 days between Christmas and New year plus stats - totaling 36!
- Childcare vouchers.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Employee assistance program.
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.