TheFork, a TripAdvisor® Company is the leading online restaurants reservation platform in Europe, Australia and Latin America, with a network of more than 80.000 restaurants worldwide, more than 30,5 million monthly visits and present in 22+ countries around the globe.
Basically, TheFork connects restaurants and diners :
- Through TheFork (website and application), as well as through TripAdvisor, users can easily select a restaurant according to preference criteria (such as the localisation, type of cuisine, restaurant type and average price), consult user reviews, check real-time availability and instantly book online.
- From the restaurants side, TheFork provides them with a software solution, TheFork Manager, which enables restaurants to optimize reservations management, streamline operations and ultimately improve service and revenues.
TheFork team aims to inspire and enable people to confidently discover, experience and share food. We operate under a shared set of values that define how we do business and how we interact with our colleagues, our partners, our customers and our food community. We strongly believe that building a diverse workforce of people from all walks of life helps us have a richer, more vibrant, more successful workplace.
About engineering @ TheFork :
- Our team is based on 100+ people including engineers, QA, design, product and devOps.
- We have an international team, with people working from France, Italy, Portugal, UK and Argentina.
- Our stack is mostly in Node both on the backend and frontend, and we work with React for our interfaces and GraphQL as API. Our Mobile Apps are made with Swift and Kotlin.
- Our engineers take great pride in their code, and pay close attention to the submitted pull requests.
- We solve many challenges with highly performant solutions, addressing beautiful interfaces without being troubled by the scalability of the platform itself.
What we’re looking for :
- Degree in engineering, computer science or a related technical field
- Experience writing mobile application test automation for the iOS and Android platforms
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design and data structures
- Verifying features and enhancements using white and black box methodologies, with emphasis on identifying and debugging issues.
- Investigating and analyzing root causes of technical issues and performance bottlenecks so as to provide sufficient data to engineering to help pinpoint problem areas in the system.
- Familiarity with cloud development environments, including API design and integration
- Understanding of continuous integration process and unit testing
- Some experience with IOT connected devices and/or Bluetooth connected products
- Experience working with Jenkins or similar CI/CD tool a plus
- Experience working with Appium
- Effective communication skills at building relationships across teams
- Taking initiative and self-starter, as part of a team
What you'll Do :
- Develop and maintain libraries, tools and frameworks for automation testing
- Be an advocate for test automation efforts, standards and processes; author and deliver new test scripts; and handle test data sets for automation activities
- Integrate development products with automation frameworks, CI, build systems
- Participate in test design discussions and code reviews; review automated test approaches; design test cases to minimize the need for manual analysis of test output
- Lead root cause analysis of failures and follow up with bug reports that quantify the problem to a high degree of reproducibility
- Collaborate with our teams to prioritize and drive automation backlog
What you need to succeed :
- 5+ years proven experience in software engineering
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience in iOS development; experience coding in Objective-C or Swift
- Experience developing test strategy, documentation, automated UI and functional tests
- Experience with Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) practices with Git/Jenkins
- Senior experience with different types of automated tests such as unit, sanity, performance, security, load/stress
- Experience crafting automated tests for simulators and mobile devices
- Excellent abilities in bug detection, regression and defect tracking
- Outstanding analytical and interpersonal skills, ability to identify and tackle problems
- Ability to balance priorities and deliver on time
- Experience leading and mentoring team members
TheFork gives you the opportunity to test our gift card product at the restaurant if you pass the first screen of our recruiters! Ready to test it? Apply now and receive a 25€ gift card!*
* In addition to the processing of your personal data for recruitment purpose, TheFork will process your email address for the purpose of supplying a TheFork gift card. In accordance with applicable law, you have the right to refuse such processing by indicating it to the Talent Acquisition team. Gift cards are available now in France, Spain & Italy.