Tripadvisor is seeking a Principal Account Executive to join a newly formed and highly motivated team that manages and develops our Key Account supply for Hotel/OTA and 3rd party partnerships for our new direct to consumer Tripadvisor Plus product.
Tripadvisor, the world’s largest travel site, enables travelers to unleash the full potential of every trip. With 730 million reviews and opinions covering the world’s largest section of travel listings worldwide, comprising 8.1 million accommodations, airlines, experiences, and restaurants. Tripadvisor branded sites are available in 49 markets, and are home to the world’s largest travel community of 490 million average monthly unique visitors, all looking to get the most out of every trip. The B2B sales team is responsible for providing the best possible supply of discounts and perks for our direct to consumer subscription program, while maintaining an excellent client service.
We offer the chance to work with the brightest minds in the travel business in an energetic, dynamic and international work environment focused on innovation, creative problem-solving and collaboration.
What You'll Do:
· Reporting to the Director, Client Services , you will work to build a plan to grow your book of business across our new Trip Advisor Plus product
· With the goal to develop new business, you will execute on a strategy by building a sales pipeline, across multiple partners,in the US markets.
· You will develop by creating a sales strategy and deliver pitch deck for our ENT sales client to buy
· You will build internal relationships to support our team goals and in particular work closely with legal, Connectivity, B2B strategy, Pricing analysis, SMB sales.
· Take ownership on challenges and new initiatives you encounter with your potential partners
· Share and support implementation of best practices across our broader team
· Work closely with Trip Plus Account Managers & Operations to maximize the revenue generation opportunity, by onboarding the right partner to complement the team’s overall strategy
· You will prepare & present sales pitches to achieve business development objectives
· Uncover actionable ideas that position TripAdvisor partners’ business to meet KPIs driving incremental suppliers and uncover perks and rewards into our Trip Plus programme.
· Exercises judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
· Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups. Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assi
Who you are/what you have:
· Hunter sales mentality with a consistent proven track record in successful business development initiatives in a B2B environment including: planning, client prospecting, pipeline and activity management, deal management, sales closing and contract development
· Experience in negotiating at Leadership level, using your eye for business to make deals that are for the benefit of the business
· Ability to use data to build a compelling story to influence internally and externally
· Experience of analyzing, structuring, negotiating and closing complex deals in a team environment and using CRM systems for pipeline/activity management for internal stakeholders
· Ability to build a wide variety of business relationships (internal/external)
· Collaborate with a diverse group of internal stakeholders.Serves as a key resource to team and sales management.
· Demonstrated some understanding of the underlying economic metrics involved in strategic partnerships
· Ability in learning from failure, having the ability to pivot quickly and act on opportunities that arise from discovery
· Travel background preferred: online travel agency, B2B, hotel supplier sales/account management
· Strong communication, sales and negotiation skills
· You are creative, proactive and self-motivated, compelling and eye for business
· Proven track record in influencing multiple stakeholders to get things done
· Strong commercial instinct and entrepreneurial drive combined with an ability to be creative, take calculated risks
· Keep up to date on global trends that affect industry and organization
· Team-player; able to build relationships and deliver on time
· Ability to display excellent judgment through sound, well-informed decision-making
· Fluent in English
· Travel required: 20%
· Years of experience: 5+ years relevant experience
Why join us:
Tripadvisor Media Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's largest travel website, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
Tripadvisor is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.