Who we are:
We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique perspective and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
What you’ll do:
This person will be responsible for delivering HR excellence and driving the people strategy for our Global Engineering and Technology group. This role will be a strategic business partner to the leadership team, working with their teams to assist in driving the business, acting as a trusted advisor and building the talent pipeline. This person will work in a highly matrixed environment requiring an ability to influence, with or without direct reporting authority, across many groups including Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Benefits, Learning and Organizational Development (L&OD) and Office Experience, spread across multiple locations and time-zones.
- Work closely with the People Ops Business Partner Lead to understand business objectives and utilizing this information to build an HR strategy to support the business to achieve its goals.
- Objectively evaluate talent, knowing strengths, weaknesses and development opportunities
- Maintain ongoing relationships with talent, developing a deep and comprehensive knowledge of these people and what drives employees
- Partner effectively with legal counsel and exercise outstanding judgment and technical expertise in dealing with employee relations matters
- Develop and maintain strong, credible relationships with a variety of key stakeholders across the HR Centers of Excellence (COEs), always focusing on the best solutions for both the business and the larger Tripadvisor organization.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to drive the overall talent strategy to meet highly dynamic and ever changing business needs.
- Advise on compensation matters to ensure competitive pay and internal equity
- Manage special HR Projects from Planning through Implementation
- Coach and mentor people managers and employees regarding a vast variety of situations and processes
- Provide support for the implementation of the learning & development agenda by providing hands-on delivery and support to the L&OD team
- Be a consistent role model of the Tripadvisor Purpose & Values
- Maintain outstanding relationships and networks both internally and externally, staying current and up-to-date with the latest issues and solutions to a variety of matters in the industry and field of Human Resources.
What we are looking for?
- 5 + years of experience in Human Resources business partnering.
- Previous experience of being a trusted advisor to the senior leadership team of a business unit.
- Proven experience being able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, highly matrixed environment.
- A true team player. Someone who works collaboratively and can break down silos.
- A confident individual with outstanding learning agility who responds to feedback and is always looking for ways to improve and learn new ways to do things more effectively.
- An individual with professional executive presence and impact.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills with an ability to articulate facts and ideas in a compelling and organized manner.
- A person who possesses a deep understanding and passion for the business with a high level of intellectual curiosity about the critical issues to the organization and industry.
- An outstanding cross-functional collaborator that can leverage and influence stakeholders around the world to help drive the business.
- Leads with data and utilizes technical expertise to influence decisions.
- A person who solves complex issues proactively with outstanding judgment and pragmatism.
- A courageous advocate with a clear point-of-view
- An ability to manage projects and multi task with ease but remains calm under pressure
- Highly adaptable and comfortable working with a degree of ambiguity
- Substantial knowledge of employment law