We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
TripAdvisor, the world’s largest travel site, inspires and empowers people to explore the world with confidence and share their trip experiences with others. We are building an entirely new subscription product, Plus, that provides members with exclusive travel discounts and upgrades to enhance their stay. We need a Director of Engineering to join the leadership team and manage key elements of this highly visible, high impact project.
Plus is a large scale program that spans both web and native app, and you will have the ownership and autonomy to build and shape your team in partnership with the product management, analytics, and machine learning teams. We have an ambitious and exciting roadmap for 2021 and beyond. This is a tremendous opportunity to have a significant impact on both engineering and the business with a globally recognized leader in travel.
A successful candidate will be passionate about data, thrive in a fast-moving environment, bring a deep understanding of agile processes and have the ability to collaborate across teams and drive the rapid decision-making necessary to move and iterate quickly.
Qualified candidates will have significant prior successes and relevant background including:
- 10+ years engineering management experience, ideally with a highly trafficked consumer-facing web site
- Proven ability to successfully grow a talented software engineering team with experience building the right environment and processes to maximize productivity and agility
- Track record of successfully hiring and mentoring engineers, team leads, and managers
- An understanding of what is required to build efficient, scalable, decoupled, testable and maintainable code
- Extensive experience managing teams of engineers utilizing continuously improving platforms; experience with the design and development of real-time integration APIs with external organizations
- A proven track record in successful delivery of complex technology-focused projects
- The ability to balance strategic technical innovation with pragmatic maintain-and-extend solutions
- The ability to work with contributors spanning junior engineers to product owners to C-level executives to help communicate, prioritize, influence and inform key product decisions
- Demonstrated success motivating and leading high performing teams
- Experience in stakeholder management across the business
- Experience working with internationally distributed teams is desirable.
- Startup experience is a definite plus.
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.