We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
We are looking for a highly experienced software engineer with expertise with experience working with high-traffic, production deployments, to Amazon Web Services to join our world-class engineering team, responsible for powering the most critical features of our globally known web site and mobile applications, operating across 43 markets and 22 languages, servicing our 490 million monthly active users.
As a Senior Principal Software Engineer you will be expected to work with engineers across the B2C Supply Engineering team and internal platform teams in developing or integrating necessary tooling and monitoring to ensure that the teams can maintain target service level objectives. You will also play an active role in on-going efforts to migrate existing on-premise services into AWS, driving cloud-first best practices.
What You’ll Do:
- Facilitate Development: Reduce friction and improve reliability in development, testing, and deployment to production.
- Empower Operational Excellence: Ensure adequate monitoring and observability to proactively identify and diagnose system degradations and potential problems.
- Shape our Future: Work with other dedicated, experienced engineers, to migrate legacy monoliths and on-premises micro-services to cloud-first systems
- Practice Accountability: Participate in periodic on-call duties and ensure that incident root causes are identified, debugged and resolved to prevent recurrence
Who You Are:
- 12+ years of experience in commercial software development including leadership and operations experience
- Strong understanding of AWS technologies (e.g. EKS, ECS, CDK, RDS, Dynamo)
- Experience with production Cloud deployments and integrated CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Kubernetes and Microservices-based architecture
- Strong Java background, including developing and debugging highly-concurrent, high-throughput systems
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving performance issues at every layer of the stack
- Solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and Object Oriented Software Design.
- Familiarity with Hive / Hadoop / Spark / Snowflake a plus
- Past experience with datacenter-to-cloud migrations a plus
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and GraphQL are a plus
- Experience with Terraform and Atlantis a plus
- Experience with Apache Solr and/or ElasticSearch a plus
- Experience with Kafka, ActiveMQ a plus
- Experience with Nodejs, ES6, and front-end technologies like React are a plus
- Experience with Istio a plus.
What you’ll get:
Tripadvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At Tripadvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
- Highly competitive base salary
- Annual bonus program
- Stock grant
- Generous Paid Time Off Policy
- 401k Matching Program
- Excellent health & dental options
- Paid Parental Leave
- Annual Wellness & Fitness Benefit
- Annual personal travel reimbursement
- Life & Accident Insurance coverage
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- + much more!
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.