We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there. We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Data Analyst, People Operations will be part of a group that supports many of the HR and People Operations functions, as well as the broader business. S/he is the lead for consulting with business leaders to help formulate business questions, conduct research studies to drive program and policy changes and manage, create and maintain people metrics/KPIs. This resource is expect to lead and deliver discrete projects, which will sometimes involve managing resources from other groups within TripAdvisor and/or outside consultants. We are looking for a utility player to help set the foundation as we grow the team in the coming year.
Having global reach, this role will interact with internal clients in all geographies where TripAdvisor has employees. The person that fills this role will be an external through leader. The ideal candidate will:
- Have considerable expertise in Human Resources, People Analytics and/or Organizational Psychology, Statistics and Data Science.
- Have a proven record working with senior leaders in metric mapping, performing advanced analytical analysis and presenting results in a compelling way.
- Possess a passion for enabling thoughtful & meaningful experiences.
- Motivated by varying work from consulting with internal clients, conducting research studies to using data science methods and writing code in R and Python.
- Accountable for Analytics Solutions, Data management, integrations, and Security
- Apply wide-ranging experience in people research, quantitative analysis, data science, and data visualization to help TripAdvisor recruit, select, grow, and retain talent
- See beyond the data to identify solutions that will raise the bar for all things people-related
- Partner with the HR and recruiting teams on people projects to identify and clarify people issues, deeply understand our people processes, and analyze data to drive improvements
- Project management, design and delivery for all people analytics projects
- Leverages Mastery-level knowledge of data and analysis to drive insights
- Perform modeling/analytics to provide senior leaders with insight into the potential impacts of new or existing talent management systems and processes
- Develop and test hypotheses, design solutions, assess operational feasibility, lead implementation efforts, and develop a monitoring plan
- Partner with the People Team Centers of Excellence (HR Business Partners, Compensation, Talent Acquisition and Learning and Development) to identify requirements for data collection
- Communicate statistical analyses and results to technical and non-technical audiences
- Creates advanced reports, dashboards and analytics
- Leverages independent judgement in obtaining superior results
- Design and implement a people analytics framework to enable the business to make better informed decisions using people data
- Track issues and risks, communicate status and escalate concerns to management
- Develop and execute multiyear education program for human resources
- Lead the People Analytics community of practice
- A. / B.S. with Masters preferred
- 5+ years project leadership experience
- 12+ Years business experience, preferably in the HR domain
- 10+ Years reporting, analytics and research experience
- Superior analytical skills including problem solving, attention to detail and clear communication of complex analysis
- Leverages broad Analytical expertise to draw insights and recommendations of an abstract nature
- Excellent Business Analysis skills: Timeline Planning, Requirements Definition and documentation, test planning, deployment approaches
- Superior analytical skills including problem solving, attention to detail and clear communication of complex results
- Masterly level knowledge with
- Exceptional written and verbal communication capabilities and able to effectively tell a story with data
- Ability to communicate effectively and influence at all levels within the organization
- Superior detail orientation, organization, and analytical skills
- Thrive on simultaneously managing multiple responsibilities
- Ability to operate effectively in a dynamic, growing environment with minimal supervision
- Leads in the delivery of people analytics strategies and goals that align with company objectives
- Experience with change management methods and programs a plus
- Works hard, but can laugh and have fun in the process