We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique perspective and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
What we do on the Data Platform Cloud Reliability Engineering Team:
The Data Platform Cloud Reliability team at Tripadvisor is responsible for maintaining the petabyte-scale Data Lake and associated infrastructure used by our analytics and machine learning teams. We provide solutions for the Big Data needs of the company, and we provide tools to make interacting with data faster, easier, and more effective. We’re looking for an engineer who will contribute to our hybrid, multi-cloud ecosystem by developing applications and tools supporting our ETL, Job Orchestration, and Dependency Management platforms. Big Data experience is not required, but is certainly very helpful!
What you’ll do:
- Code! Most of our engineers release code to production every few days and we have a daily release cycle.
- Take responsibility for the quality of the code you produce.
- Operate across our evolving technology stack - we’re developing in Java, Python, SQL, Kotlin and more.
- Take responsibility for all aspects of software engineering, from design to implementation, QA and maintenance.
- Touch code at every level – from the UI, through backend microservices and down to the database.
- Collaborate closely with Data Engineering and Analytics teams to build new and effective tools in the fast-paced and evolving Big Data ecosystem.
- Work alongside other engineering groups located around the world.
What we are looking for?
- 4-6 years’ experience of commercial software development
- Experience with Big Data Systems is considered a big plus (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, EMR, Snowflake)
- Solid programming experience in one of the following languages: Java, Kotlin, or similar
- Familiarity with Linux.
- Ability to design and query relational databases.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience.
- Willingness and ability to take on new technologies.
- Ability to break down complex problems into simple solutions.
- Strong analytical skills and desire to write clean, correct and efficient code.
- High quality verbal and written communication skills.
- Sense of ownership, urgency and pride in your work.
- Solid understanding of Java (or similar OOO languages), Object-Oriented architectures, Data structures & Algorithms
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at email@example.com.