We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at email@example.com.
Tripadvisor is seeking an experienced Director of Internal Communications to provide primary support to the company’s People Operations team to develop an employee communication strategy that supports our overall corporate narrative and amplifies the company’s vision, mission and strategy, inclusive of key initiatives within our global organization.
As a senior member of the company’s in-house communication’s team, the role’s primary client will be the Human Resources organization (“People Operations”), inclusive of our Chief People Officer, our network of HR Business Partners supporting other senior members of the company’s executive leadership team, and the broader PO team.
We’re looking for a relationship builder who is proficient at storytelling, an excellent writer who knows how to capture the voice of an executive, who understands how to communicate in the voice of our brand, and who can come up with creative and innovative ideas and ways to inform, motivate, delight and engage employees through multiple channels: content, events like company town halls and employee technologies like our company’s intranet, Slack and other social communications tools.
This role reports into the company’s Global Head of Communications and Industry Affairs.
What you'll do:
- Develop an internal communications strategy, plans and programs - including utilizing appropriate channels, branding, and new mediums - to support key People Operations and company-wide efforts globally to attract, retain and grow employees, and align with our overall corporate strategy.
- Develop new ways to communicate about People Operations and company-wide initiatives in an inspiring, informative and inclusive way in support of benefits, compensation, performance management, employee surveys, hiring, onboarding, learning & development, inclusion & diversity, and manager/leader development
- Stay closely connected to other internal teams when sharing internal communications within the company (Talent Acquisition, Learning and Development, ED+I, HR business partners supporting and providing counsel to other key members of the Executive Leadership Team, Legal, Branding, PR).
- Assist with rollout of new efforts related to the evolution of a positive work culture in a post pandemic world, reaching a global, employee population, inclusive of promotions to employees engaged in differing, new ways of working (remote, hybrid, in-office)
- Draft, review and edit executive leadership team communications, in partnership with HR business partners, to effectively and consistently deliver key messages to the company in a consistent and compelling manner.
- Manage and drive content, in partnership with the Global Head of Communication and senior leadership, in company-wide channels (e.g., during weekly town halls, on Slack) related to overall corporate topics, inclusive of People Operations programming and working with others in the organization to provide content key channel communications exercises.
- Ensure consistency in message across departments inside the company (B2C, B2B, Engineering, our key subsidiaries like Viator, TheFork and CruiseCritic) with regard to rolling out new programs and how they align with company messaging/other efforts
- Partnering with key company leaders and stakeholders, along with other colleagues within the communications team and brand marketing, to ensure our online presence as an employer brand is engaging, informative and accurate.
Experience & Skills
- 10+ years of experience developing strategy and execution in an internal and executive communications role with a focus on employee engagement or employee experience preferred
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to craft and deliver presentations to large and small groups
- A true writing pro! Someone with deep understanding of grammar, strong attention to detail and fine-tuned editorial and copy editing skills from memos to speeches, as well as an understanding of how to write “in the voice of an executive”
- Demonstrated ability to identify emerging trends in communications, develop related strategies and effectively translate them into actionable plans
- Proven success building and implementing programs that inform and delight team members
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience managing a variety of internal and corporate communications channels, including convening tools for virtual town halls, intranets/websites, Slack, mobile, video, and social media channels
- Experience managing crises related to people topics and working with other internal teams on messaging and plans
- Brand conscious and creative with a strong sense of the importance of messaging and design and how we show up as a brand internally that makes employees feel proud to be associated with a brand that is relevant to a new generation of employees and consumers at-large.