We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
We believe travel brings out the best in us, opens our eyes to the world and connects us to each other. Millions of people visit our site and app every month, looking for guidance in planning their next trip. Where to go? What will it be like? Will it be worth it? As Product Designers, we can help take the anxiety out of their travel planning, answer their questions, and more importantly, inspire and empower them to explore the world with confidence.
Last year was a big year for us at Tripadvisor – we updated our brand and rebuilt our app, and now we’re expanding our Product Design team.
We’re looking for an Associate Director of Product Design team to help shape and push the visual design of our digital experiences as we build out new features and enable travelers to discover all the good the world has to offer.
What You’ll Do
- Be a driver of forward-thinking visual design across Tripadvisor web and app experiences
- Be a vocal advocate of the design system and contribute to its maintenance and growth
- Be a collaborative subject matter expert, actively sharing visual design principles, approaches, and inspiration with the team and within the organization
- Partner closely with designers, product managers, engineer and researchers to translate user goals into elegant, memorable design solutions for travelers
- Lead multiple projects across the product lifecycle and present design rationale in a convincing manner
- Ensure designs and user interfaces deliver on core product strategy and vision
- Manage designers; effectively delegate and set expectations for the work and help guide their careers
- Lead team culture; encouraging debate and welcoming different perspectives
- Break down open-ended opportunities into actionable next steps; work with team to realize ideas with the appropriate level of detail and fidelity at every phase
- Drive and/or collaborate on all cyclical user testing sessions
- Operate across projects with different speeds and effectively balance big thinking and timely execution
What You Have
- 7+ years of visual design experience across mobile and web at consumer-focused brands or agencies
- Passion for design systems and data-informed product design
- Incredible visual design chops with proven experience shipping customer-centric products
- Experience designing for iOS and Android platforms
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, from concept to completion
- Excellent communication skills, conviction, and a strong design point of view
- A passion for travel
- Portfolio that showcases your contribution to digital products and demonstrates originality, innovation, and strong problem solving skills
- Experience managing and developing design talent
- Experience using Figma
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.