We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
TripAdvisor is the largest travel site in the world, visited by over 500 million travellers each month.
We’re looking for software engineers with iOS development experience to join our Viator team, working from the Oxford office. The Viator app gives travellers direct access to more than 200,000 bookable activities, enabling them to easily discover and book incredible experiences.
We have a fun and friendly environment where the key objective is getting things done. Our engineers are part of the full process from design, to code, to test, to deployment and back again for further iteration.
Across TripAdvisor, we’ve worked hard to create an atmosphere of “Speed Wins” – minimising process, shipping products quickly and doing everything to avoid big company paralysis. This is a very bottom-up organisation; there are no software architects thinking deep thoughts and directing the action from above. We trust our engineers to come up with, implement and take responsibility for their own designs.
Do you like building features end to end? Do you like working with a large number of technologies? Do you like moving quickly, releasing features daily, working with other smart and talented engineers? If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk to you.
What you’ll do
- Code! Our engineers focus on doing what they enjoy most and do best, writing code.
- Touch code at every level – while the focus is app development, you’ll also work on backend microservices and down to the database.
- Operate across our evolving mobile technology stack - we’re currently developing in Swift on the client and GraphQL, Java, SOLR, MySQL and more at the back-end.
- Take responsibility for all aspects of software engineering, from design to implementation, QA and maintenance.
- Collaborate closely with Product and design teams to define feature specifications and develop high quality deliverables for our customers.
- Work alongside other engineering groups located around the world.
What we’re looking for
- Experience of developing an iOS app. Familiarity with mobile web and back-end technologies would be beneficial
- At least 5 years’ experience of commercial software development
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience.
- Willingness and ability to take on new technologies.
- Ability to break down complex problems into simple solutions.
- Strong analytical skills and desire to write clean, correct and efficient code.
- High quality verbal and written communication skills.
- Sense of ownership, urgency and pride in your work.
What you’ll get [
- Highly competitive salary along with the following
- Annual bonus.
- Excellent contributory pension.
- Full family private medical cover.
- Full dental cover.
- Annual wellbeing allowance (e.g. gym membership)
- Personal travel reimbursement.
- Critical illness plus full life cover.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Employee assistance program.
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at email@example.com.