Viator, a Tripadvisor company, makes it easy to find and book something you'll love to do. With access to the world's largest selection of high-quality experiences, there's always something new to discover, both near and far from home. From must-do moments to who-knew discoveries, see the familiar in a new way, or the unknown for the first time.
With industry-leading flexibility and last-minute availability, it's never too late to make any day extraordinary. Plan ahead, or decide that morning. Change your dates. Or change your mind entirely! This is your time off, your way, and we're here to help.
We also know that your time off is precious. So we ruthlessly focus on quality, and we specialize in experiences so incredible, you'll want to tell your friends.
Spend less time searching, and more time making memories. Discover story-worthy experiences, anytime, anywhere, and rapidly.
About the Role:
Viator is behind millions of lifelong memories. We have an identity to build, stories to tell, and audiences to engage - and our new communications director will help forge our path.
As Director of Communications, you’ll partner with the VP of Communications and Brand to build the strategy and team that drives our internal and external communications programs. You’ll help spread the word about Viator, the joy we bring to travelers around the world, the small and large businesses we help grow, and the blindingly bright future we have ahead.
If you’re an exceptional storyteller, a strategic communicator, and a wildly talented writer (especially if you’re a widely talented writer), then this role might be for you.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with the VP of Communications and Brand to assess Viator’s external and internal communication opportunities and needs, then build a corresponding communications strategy and structure. As the first communications director for Viator, you’ll play a critical role in shaping the program’s future.
- Grow Viator’s media presence. Maintain and grow relationships with the relevant top-tier media (trade, consumer, business), and ensure Viator is the go-to source for industry expertise and trend reporting. Help our leadership become the spokespeople for the industry.
- Tell our story beautifully. Partner with the leadership team on communications planning around major events and launches. Ensure we consider and address every audience, create strategic plans, craft resonant messaging, and weave our wins into our larger narrative.
- Partner with leaders across the business, and particularly our brand director, on growing awareness of Viator. You’ll also oversee our PR agency.
- Grow our internal communications program, and help us continually engage our employees.
- Refine and scale our issues management and preparedness processes.
- Define, measure, and report on internal and external communications performance.
What you’ve done:
- Gained a decade or more’s experience across internal, external, B2B, B2C, and executive communications.
- Built a communications function and strategy from the ground up. You’ve led and owned successful communications programs, including team management and agency oversight.
- Led major, multi-channel corporate announcements or launches, including ownership of messaging strategy, asset creation, communications planning, cross-channel dissemination, and reporting.
- Measurably contributed to brand awareness through strategic communications programs.
- Successfully built consensus amongst your peers and senior leadership on communications strategy and messaging.
- Built a reputation as an exceptional writer, no matter the format. You’re adept at translating technical concepts into stories, soundbites, slides, and scripts.
- Gained an eye for beautifully presented content, especially video and graphic storytelling (even if you lack direct experience in these areas)
- Ensured organization-wide adherence to external communications guidelines