Tripadvisor is the world’s largest travel platform. More than 400 million travelers around the globe come to us each month to discover, book, and share their expertise around the best things to do, places to eat, and places to stay. Over the past year, we have evolved our brand strategy to help us drive brand reappraisal and transformation. As a key member of our Creative team, you’ll work closely with fellow writers, designers and a broad range of internal stakeholders to bring Tripadvisor’s fresh design, voice, and point of view to millions of travelers — helping to transform one of the most iconic travel brands in the world.
We are looking for a talented and versatile Associate Creative Director to head up a small team of copywriters and visual designers. You will be responsible for brand visual growth, and managing the creation and execution of campaigns and supporting content across multiple touchpoints and media — web, mobile, email, print, social, out-of-home, video, and beyond.
To succeed in this role, you will need to be conceptually and strategically strong, with the ability to maintain a comprehensive understanding of company strategy and brand goals. You will need to keep the brand moving forward, and work collaboratively with product and commercial teams to make this happen.
You are an entrepreneurial, self-motivated candidate with strong attention to detail and solid design, typography and branding skills. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, are able to juggle a diverse set of projects, and you are eager to take on new challenges, introduce and implement new approaches and ideas, and continually grow, test and learn.
Tripadvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. You will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately create an impact.
This role is based in Singapore at Tripadvisor’s APAC headquarters.
What you’ll do:
- Bring original concepts and campaigns to life with a fresh visual approach to design materials, and strong executions that drive program goals that can be deployed across multiple points of sale and languages.
- Ensure that Tripadvisor’s established tone of voice and look-and-feel is consistent across multiple touchpoints, by maintaining and enforcing Tripadvisor’s brand book, templates, style guides, and toolkits, and updating and refining these as required.
- Collaborate with Brand, Product, and Commercial stakeholders to translate business goals into strong design solutions that elevate the Tripadvisor brand experience.
- Own multiple projects simultaneously, from concept to completion
- Oversee and manage the work of junior level creatives
What we’re looking for:
- 6-8+ years of relevant industry experience working on consumer brands (agency experience a plus)
- At least 2 years minimum of management experience
- Design capabilities across multiple touchpoints and media, including CRM and social channels. Video editing/production skills are considered a bonus
- Expert level proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite. Basic understanding of CSS, HTML-5 a plus.
- Strong communication, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to understand business objectives, incorporate feedback and produce exceptional solutions that represent the brand.
- Awareness of trends in culture and consumer brands.
- Must have previous management experience.
Submission of an Industry-leading portfolio is required. One that demonstrates originality, problem-solving, personal expression, and an appreciation for photography, typography, composition, color, and a pixel-level attention to detail