TripAdvisor, the world's largest travel platform, helps nearly 460 million travelers each month make every trip their best trip. Travelers across the globe use the TripAdvisor site and app to browse more than 830 million reviews and opinions of 8.6 million accommodations, restaurants, experiences, airlines and cruises. TripAdvisor is available in 49 markets and 28 languages. We are pioneers in democratizing feedback/reviews and allowing transparency across the travel ecosystem. This same approach guides our decisions around hiring and retaining the best talent across the globe.
Collectively, we have identified six Core Values which serve as our guiding principles.
We Love Travel: Travel is in our DNA. It’s what brings us together and pushes us every day to make travel better for our travelers and partners around the world.
We’re Better Together: We embrace different backgrounds and viewpoints because we know the best ideas can come from anywhere. Diverse teams lead to a rich pool of ideas, and those are exactly what we need to create better outcomes and a better company.
We Never Stop Learning: We’re a smart, curious group, eager to learn from our travelers, our partners and each other. That’s what keeps us innovating time and again. So, look for solutions and then double-check the data to make sure you’re on the right track.
We Believe in Transparency: Everyone has an opinion and we want to hear it. Challenging ideas is how we get to the really good stuff. So speak up. Speak the truth. Say what’s on your mind.
Speed Wins: We’re all about moving fast, because getting it done is better than getting it perfect. But that doesn’t mean we toss thoughtful decision making or quality out the window. The faster we can execute a great idea, the faster we can learn from it and make it even better.
Act like an Owner: We all have a stake in accomplishing great things for our company and our community. So own the outcomes. Take the lead. Use your best judgement. We’re counting on each other.
At TripAdvisor, we know that our employees learn, grow and connect in many different ways, and we know that an engaged and motivated workforce fosters innovation and drives better outcomes for customers. We strive to build a culture of authenticity, belonging, and giving back. The Vice President, Learning & Talent Initiatives will have three distinct, but related, supervisory responsibilities. They will lead the Leadership and Organization Development team, and will also supervise the Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (ED+I) and Social Responsibility teams. This is a newly expanded leadership role, reporting directly to the Chief People Officer.
What you’ll do:
- Work with key stakeholders to assess leadership challenges and capability gaps and design programs to address those challenges
- Partner with other People Operations functions and business leaders globally to develop a comprehensive, multi-year, global talent strategy, including for executive level talent
- Design a wide variety of learning and development approaches to address specific organizational needs. Strong focus on innovation in design and delivery, including micro-learning, gamification, etc.
- Grow a culture of learning that views the employee as a consumer. Create user-centric programs that employees view as a valuable benefit and managers see as a means to increase the effectiveness of teams
- Support the strategic efforts of our ED+I Team to ensure that hiring, organization development, learning and business decisions are seen through the lens of ED+I
- Champion the outputs of our Social Impact Team to support employee growth and development
What we seek:
- 15+ years of experience in Leadership and Development, ED+I, Social Impact and/or HR Generalist/Business Partner roles. The ideal candidate has had deep leadership experience and functional expertise in at least two (2) of these domain areas
- Skilled leader and manager with an established track record of hiring, developing and retaining top talent. Known as a “great leader” who sets a high bar and leads by example
- Business-first orientation—“acts like an owner” in all they do
- Proven ability to implement creative learning and development programs tailored to specific employee populations
- Knowledge of current trends and innovations in the areas of L&OD, ED+I and Social Impact. Experience successfully applying these learnings on a global scale
- Qualitative expertise coupled with a proven, quantitative, measurement-based orientation. Not just about the strategy, but also comfortable with analytics
- Ability to effectively interface with and influence employees/managers at all levels of the organization and across functional/geographical This includes front line employees and all management levels, including c-suite executives and Board of Director members
- Fast, nimble, and comfortable with ambiguity; embraces a “speed wins” approach balanced with the ability to plan and then act
- Demonstrated ability to use technology to execute strategy and measure results
- Ability to think and plan strategically, but follow through and act on tactical requirements needed
- Good sense of humor, and a true enjoyment of the work
- Excellent communication skills—both written and verbal
- Master’s degree in Business, HR or related field preferred
- Some travel required