Core Experience is focused on making TripAdvisor a habit for our travelers. Helping the people who come to TripAdvisor find and become part of a community of travelers with similar interests. The team focuses on growing membership as well as bringing travelers a personalized travel journey.
TripAdvisor is seeking a passionate Analyst to own data-driven insights and reporting for its Brand Marketing, specifically working with the Paid MediaTeam. Success in this role means you have strong analytic capability and believe that data analysis is the best way to build a successful brand and business. You also believe that an analyst’s job is to guide the brand marketing and communications roadmap - not just “run the numbers” or supply reports to teams.
As an Analyst, we’ll count on you to design, and implement statistical analyses and best practices related to data design, and contribute directly to the prioritization of the marketing and communications efforts for TripAdvisor. This role is for someone who has worked closely with marketing, media, or insights teams in the past and is interested in using data to drive impactful brand and communications decisions.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and implement full-funnel (awareness, consideration, and conversion) measurement methodologies and models
- Build strong relationships with our media agencies and internal key media stakeholders
- Develop new data sources or ETL processes, improving efficiencies through automation, championing new tools, or delivering insightful ad hoc analysis that supports our brand and business as it evolves.
- Define metrics that matter for on-site campaigns, distill these into easy-to-understand KPIs, and create both custom reports and automated dashboards to help the team understand and optimize performance.
- Support overall brand measurement through analysis and reporting of brand health tracking survey tools.
What We Seek:
- 3-8 years of experience as an analyst for an online consumer transactional business.
- Hands-on experience working with very large data sets, including statistical analyses, data visualization, data mining, and data cleansing/transformation.
- Experience with SQL and working with databases is a must. Snowflake is desirable
- Experience with Tableau (or similar Business Intelligence tools).
- Fluency in additional data manipulation languages is a plus (Python, R etc.).
- Able to take in loose requirements, ask the right questions, and produce high-quality, actionable insights for stakeholders.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, including the ability to combine creative use of insight and data with attention to detail.
- Experience building strong relationships with internal teams and external partners
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to listen, and deliver clear concise insight that can be digested in a minimum amount of time.
- Adaptive to change and confident in learning new tools and technologies – TripAdvisor is a fast-paced environment where products and processes evolve rapidly.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline; Master’s degree a plus.