Product Manager, Cruise
Are you passionate about travel? Do you love finding creative solutions to problems and contributing to a team working on an industry-leading website? If so, we would like to talk to you about joining our Product Development team.
TripAdvisor is hiring an experienced Product Manager for our Cruise Critic web site. Cruise Critic is an online cruise guide, offering a comprehensive resource for cruise travelers, from first-time cruisers to avid cruise enthusiasts. The site features more than 350,000 cruise reviews and hosts the world's largest online cruise community where travelers share experiences and opinions with fellow cruisers. Cruise Critic was the first consumer cruise site on the Internet, launched in October 1995 by The Independent Traveler, Inc., now a subsidiary of TripAdvisor, Inc.
The ideal candidate will be experienced at defining products, driving concepts from planning to implementation and relentlessly testing and measuring for optimization.
This role will be located in our Ewing, NJ office, with the expectation of periodic travel to TripAdvisor’s headquarters in Needham, MA.
What You'll Do:
- Understand Cruise Critic’s evolving strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized best in the industry
- Make decisions based on quantitative, qualitative and competitive data. Deeply understand traveler needs, pain points, and behaviors, and transform that knowledge into a cohesive roadmap of features and bug fixes that aligns to company goals
- Develop business requirements, financial models and functional details for new features or enhancements
- Hands-on manage products throughout their lifecycle, from planning to launch, including collaborating directly with design, analytics and engineering teams along with editorial, brand, CRM or community as relevant.
- Fully own quality through hands-on quality assurance testing
- Define, monitor and analyze key performance indicators to monitor proactively the health of the business
- Define, monitor and analyze key conversion metrics and A/B tests to support continual optimization of the product and business
- Communicate the state of projects across teams, stakeholders as well as executives.
What We Seek:
The ideal candidate sits comfortably at the intersection between business, technology and user experience, with experience in at least one, passion for all three, and fluency with practitioners in all. In addition, he or she will demonstrate the following competencies:
- 3+ years of B2C Internet product management experience
- Demonstrated track record of building consumer products that users love and drive high-impact results
- Strong teamwork skills but be able to work independently
- Thrives in a fast-paced, results-driven environment with varied responsibilities
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage multiple initiatives at a time
- Passion for making decisions quickly to seize opportunities that lead to team success
- Strong problem-solving and analytic skills; willingness to get into the details and drive clarity from ambiguity
- Ability to integrate quantitative and qualitative user research at all stages of product development
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all levels of an organization
- Strong fluency in design and technical principles
- Familiarity with Agile product development
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; MBA a plus