TripAdvisor is growing its world class Search Engine Optimization team and is looking for an Associate SEO Manager to contribute on analysis, execution, and strategy for its new Rental Cars product and SeatGuru. This is an exciting opportunity to build out SEO programs for two new travel products for a global travel company. TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. In this role, you will manage and optimize SEO traffic drivers, test and implement new strategies, and work cross functionally as required to execute on your insights and recommendations. You will be expected to draw actionable conclusions from internal and external sources that can be measured and reported on. If you enjoy the thrill of increasing rank on thousands of keywords, working fast, and being at a company where the CEO truly “gets” SEO, this role might be for you!
What We’re Looking For:
- You are a passionate search marketer who is knowledgeable about best practices and the latest new areas of SEO, and you also relish in the analytical aspects of the industry.
- You are detail-oriented, but can balance these details with the larger business objectives.
- You are quantitative, pragmatic, and methodical in your approach to SEO.
- You’re an outstanding collaborator who enjoys building relationships with stakeholders throughout the company.
- You have relentlessly high standards, and are never satisfied with the status quo.
- You are invigorated, not intimidated, by large volumes of data and keywords. You are adept at analyzing data at scale.
- You have deep experience working on SEO on a global scale. You might even speak another language fluently.
- You are an ambitious self-starter who takes pride in being “first in class”.
- You are results driven and have strong business acumen.
- You enjoy problem-solving and have a genuine curiosity about how consumers search for information.
- You work well with many types of people and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- You’re an excellent communicator, especially when incorporating data to substantiate your winning point.
What you’ll do:
- Monitor daily performance metrics to understand organic search performance across multiple global markets.
- Own a large growth vertical with limited assistance from peers.
- Effectively grow team and educate stakeholders on SEO best practices.
- Lead colleagues through complicated projects with clearly documented plans.
- Comfortably and efficiently lead multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Able to build and maintain a short- and long-term roadmap while following product process.
- Identifying growth opportunities in core areas such as site infrastructure, keyword selection, or on-page factors optimization.
- Maintain the success from planning to post-launch, with minimal support or direction from others.
- Write specification documents and designing experiments to test new strategies and opportunities for growth.
- Analyze experiment results and push forward next steps at a rigorous pace.
- Perform granular traffic and conversion analyses across multiple global markets to gain insight into keyword and landing page performance.
- Identify and analyze competitor techniques, as well as benchmarking TripAdvisor’s performance against competitors.
- Optimize internal linking structures to maximize rankings across our keyword portfolio.
- Assess and understand each market’s needs related to Search, and communicating them to various internal and external stakeholders.
What We Seek:
- BA or BS degree (preferred in quantitative field such as economics, mathematics, statistics, or computer science/engineering).
- 3+ years of SEO work experience with an industry leading website.
- Advanced skill with Excel and or Access required.
- Exposure to SQL, HIVE, or other coding languages strongly desired.
- Statistical background is a plus.
- Demonstrable track record of business results through SEO.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- A problem-solver, able to analyze large amounts of data and produce actionable insight
- Results-driven. Be able to work to, and be motivated by, revenue targets
- Highly organized and a self-starter
- Strong communicator, both verbally and in the presentation of data