The Flights team at TripAdvisor is growing. We’re looking for some amazing engineering talent to help us continue to build a fantastic search and shopping experience to users interested in searching comparing and booking flights on TripAdvisor and SeatGuru. We’re solving some very exciting problems, and much of our development is greenfield at the moment, so it’s the perfect time to join the party. We invest heavily in improving the user experience on the our products, and we push hard on providing personalized services and helping users to capture the best deals.
What you will do
- Write code, of course, across the full stack. You’ll be doing React coding and database coding, plus everything in between.
- Work with your team, as well as other groups like product management, design, plus others, to bring your projects to fruition.
- Work with other teams at TripAdvisor to solve problems together.
- Be creative and pragmatic when solving the problem you are working on.
- Be a mentor for others on the team.
- Move quick. We ship code every day!
What you will bring to the team
- A desire to learn
- An open mind
- A collaborative spirit
- The desire to move quick
- 7+ years of experience as a professional engineer
Our tech stack is primarily Java based. You will be provided with both a Macbook Pro and a Linux dev server for your daily work environment. Our storage engine is PostgreSQL, our backends are all Java microservices hosted in Kubernetes, and our web front ends are built using React and web components. With the number of consumers who use TripAdvisor on a daily basis, you can imagine that our big data is exactly that, and so your job will have you working with Hadoop (Hive, Spark, M/R) and Snowflake. We make liberal use of ML here, so you will have the chance to support, or take part in, significant optimization projects.